Recommendations for a crank-kit and flywheel?

I dunno man........ .007 sounds loose to me....

cant squeeze a set of .001 bearings on there for the looser ones?

A.j.

I dunno man........ .007 sounds loose to me....cant squeeze a set of .001 bearings on there for the looser ones?

A.j.

I wish I could find that size locally. It's either standard, (.000), undersized .010, .020, .030, .040 that's it! .001 would work great if I could get it. This is Plastigauge I'm working with so .007 is ballbark more or less. I agree that's real loose. But like I said, backs up against the wall. I need the car now. :(

I wish I could find that size locally. It's either standard, (.000), undersized .010, .020, .030, .040 that's it! .001 would work great if I could get it. This is Plastigauge I'm working with so .007 is ballbark more or less. I agree that's real loose. But like I said, backs up against the wall. I need the car now. :(

leme see if I still got a couple sets of king .002s

if not,

freddie i will order you a set of .001s from full throttle.

A.j.

..leme see if I still got a couple sets of king .002,s if not, freddie i will order you a set of .001s from full throttle. A.j.

The .002's or .001's give me good clearance. (Heck I did'nt even know that they made those sizes:mad:). All I need would be a set of three. What's it gonna cost me? :(

The .002's or .001's give me good clearance. (Heck I did'nt even know that they made those sizes:mad:). All I need would be a set of three. What's it gonna cost me? :(

I cant find any of my .002s I will give ebay a quick eyeballer and see if theres anything there...

if not, I will get you a set of .001s going.

dont worry about it. I got it.

A.j.

I cant find any .002s man....... i think .001s is the best we got...A.j.

Hey man, beggers can't be choosy. I'll take anything instead of leaving any doubt that I f***ed this job up.:biggrin:

It's been a learning curve for me. Yet, if over a period of time this crank snaps like mine did, I wonder about all those turbo cars running with N/A cranks. :confused: That after-market forged crank that is available for ours cars is way outta my wallet size. My only advice for those of us that have an OEM 4.1/turbo crank, guard it and baby it well.

I read that long lost S.A.E. reports from early GM test with the 3.8's point at a high failure rate of the N/A crank on a turbo application, with the exact breakage conditions I went through. That's why they made the turbo crank. In fact, most turbo applications on all other makes of vehicles have rolled fillets on all the rod pins and mains from what I've read.:cool:

Well at least you have the rolled fillets on the mains now Freddie. I've never experienced a crank failure unless it was related to loss of oil though.

still no luck on .002s...... I think they stopped making them!

anyways, I will see about getting some .001s to ya brother.

A.j.

A.J. I've recieved a box of King MB's .001 also. PM me your address so I can send you the x'tras and the invoice.

I'm surprised that Kings are a lot less expensive than the Sealed Power ones I have. :eek:

A.J. I've recieved a box of King MB's .001 also. PM me your address so I can send you the x'tras and the invoice.

I'm surprised that Kings are a lot less expensive than the Sealed Power ones I have. :eek:

yea I got you some mains too buddy just in case. hold on to em,

anything good in the full throttle box? copy the catolog for me bud,

A.j.

Alright...Pabst it is. But were is noble? :confused:

LOL Out side of oaky city Freddie. It's one of the big races every year. Ferd VS Buicks.:biggrin: Aj and I were going to go this year but things got in the way again.:mad:

Pabst? Really Aj? I figured you for a Budwiser man at least.:biggrin: