Rear deck moving!?!???

the exterior rear deck, the piece right above the trunk, whatever it's proper name is, has moved. I noticed it is pushing up against the rear quarter panel on the drivers side and there is about a pencil width opening on the passenger side. I'm thinking the car wasn't level when installing the rear seat braces years ago and over time while sitting in a not so level garage it moved???? It's the only thing I can think of at the moment that would have caused it. Anyone ever hear of or experienced this??

When I get a chance to I plan on inspecting the whole trunk area. Loosening the rear seat braces and bringing the car in the opposite way for the winter. Hopefully I'll see a change come spring.

There are 3 7mm head screws under the lip o the trunklid... loosen those and shift the filler to your liking and retighten.

well im having a lil trouble with mine. it sits a lil to hight the spoiler and the side caps dont line up. the spoiler sits a lil to high any suggestions how i might reline it.

well im having a lil trouble with mine. it sits a lil to hight the spoiler and the side caps dont line up. the spoiler sits a lil to high any suggestions how i might reline it.

sitting too high means the rubber bumpers on the trunk corners are turned out too far. thread them in 1/4 turn at a time and re check. if it sits OK but now feels "loose" you will need to adjust the trunk latch attatched to the decklid "upward. use the 3 10 or 11 mm bolts, loosen them just enough to allow movement, then snug them back down and retry.

The rear valance that sits up against the rear window I would also recommend taking it off and cleaning under there. It tends to collect dirt and water sits causing rust issues.
As far as where the bolts are that holds the deck lid on it tends to
have stress cracks. I had my deck lid fixed last year had the stress cracks fixed.
my buddy put in a plate for reinforcement and welded a plate in to fix the cracks by the hood latch. I had my lock shaved off came out really nice.