rear bumper fillers

"More Boost"

Major Member
ok I've replaced my rear bumper fillers once already with good 25 yr old stockers and now they are cracking and falling apart too, my question is which aftermarkets fit better? and who sells them? plastic ? fiberglass? or kirbans $1k factory type replacemants.

If you are looking for a flexible stock style replacement, Gbodyparts has THE best out there, that is what is on my car.
Mike, Spoolfool's fillers are a 1 piece replacement, hand laid fiberglass that are simply amazing. Cant go wrong with either...

Bryan

If you are looking for a flexible stock style replacement, Gbodyparts has THE best out there, that is what is on my car.
Mike, Spoolfool's fillers are a 1 piece replacement, hand laid fiberglass that are simply amazing. Cant go wrong with either...

Bryan

X2, Spoolfool's fillers are awesome, and one piece, but fiberglass doesn't absorb impact like a poly filler. If you have a show mostly car, then get the one piece glass from spoolfool, but if you are worried about ever getting rear ended and ruining your quarter panels, get the poly OEM style fillers from gbodyparts. IMHO.

Like what's been said before, what do you intend to do with the car. G body has the only true flexible replacement like the stockers, but the Spoolfool one piece replacement removes the center section completely and looks much better than the stock ones. The really nice thing about Mike's one piece unit is that, in a lot of cases, you don't even meed to paint it to match a GN. Several people have put them on and the filler looked better than the car's paint job.:jawdrop:

Spoolfool's are great. The best. Amazing fit. Rear is one piece. Probably wouldn't even have to paint it.

LOL - we should have just linked him to the thread that was only a month or so old - the one that deteriorated into some serious attitude! :D

There ya have it - You have 3 choices
GBody flexible style
Mike - Spoolfool - fibergalss
Danko - Fibergalss
OK - 2 choices - sorry- which technically is not 2 choices - (bad grammar); but simply "a choice"..:D

I do believe we should have perma-stickys for:
Which oil is the best?
Which spark plugs are the best?
Which bumper fillers are the best?
;)

Hey - I sorta like that term.
I know you say that out of sincere love and respect or my feelings would be hurt
I mean - if I had any feelings that is - they would be. :D

Attachments

• HEISENBORG - 2.jpg
    HEISENBORG - 2.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 111
  • HESIENBORG - 1.jpg
    HESIENBORG - 1.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 105
  • WALTENATOR.jpg
    WALTENATOR.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 84
X2, Spoolfool's fillers are awesome, and one piece, but fiberglass doesn't absorb impact like a poly filler. If you have a show mostly car, then get the one piece glass from spoolfool, but if you are worried about ever getting rear ended and ruining your quarter panels, get the poly OEM style fillers from gbodyparts. IMHO.

Please post data to support your claim of the quarter panel buckling before my fiberglass filler does. OR, retract your statement.

Unknown to me and long before they started carrying my fillers, Highway Stars did unbiased, independent test to see if my very ridged bumper fillers would indeed collapse before the quarter panel in a rear end impact. It passed the test. Don't believe me? Ask Leslie at Highway Stars. It was only after this test they asked to carry my product.

For those thinking of buying used, original fillers, don't waist you time and money. Read this weeks attempt to salvage originals.
http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/bumper-filler-reinforcement.405453/

Happy Spooling.
Mike Barnard
(949) 433-1257

Sounds sorta applicable to lower speed impacts.
I don't run bumper shocks.
Too heavy.
I suppose a rear ender could be severe enough to collapse the bumper and the bumper reinforcement - but I would guess at that point, there is a lot more damage occuring.
Although - I would rather not think about it.
Most rear enders are real rear enders; i.e. "distracted drivers" aka "texting while driving"

Please post data to support your claim of the quarter panel buckling before my fiberglass filler does. OR, retract your statement.

Unknown to me and long before they started carrying my fillers, Highway Stars did unbiased, independent test to see if my very ridged bumper fillers would indeed collapse before the quarter panel in a rear end impact. It passed the test. Don't believe me? Ask Leslie at Highway Stars. It was only after this test they asked to carry my product.

For those thinking of buying used, original fillers, don't waist you time and money. Read this weeks attempt to salvage originals.
http://turbobuick.com/forums/threads/bumper-filler-reinforcement.405453/

Happy Spooling.
Mike Barnard
(949) 433-1257

I have done no empirical testing, and I'm sorry if I came across that way. And while it stands to reason your fillers may have passed a test, logic would dictate that they would still crush differently than poly in at least some way. Whether it makes a difference or not I guess is the debate.

I have done no empirical testing, and I'm sorry if I came across that way. And while it stands to reason your fillers may have passed a test, logic would dictate that they would still crush differently than poly in at least some way. Whether it makes a difference or not I guess is the debate.

No worries and no harm done.:) Sorry if I get a bit defensive over these things. I personally have much blood, sweat and beers invested.
And I totally agree that a bumper filler should be sacrificial (the fuse) over the quarter panel.

Happy spooling and happy new year.

Mike Barnard