ratty 88 gn on ebay.

Originally posted by 87buick3825
wow someone must have installed a speedometer gear backwards :p

...or it just rolled over naturally at each 99,999.9 mark.

My GN has 127,xxx miles on it. When I last went for inspection I had 115,438 miles on it. The DMV jockey wrote 15,438 on my inspection paperwork. I told the dude that it really has 115,438 on it. The guy says he just writes what the odometer says.

:rolleyes:

Well there you have it. Since the GNs only have 5 places on the odometer mileage, I guess you start over each 99,999.9 miles. Wonder what Carfax would show for me?

This car is obviously a theft recovery, or in some way a pieced-together pile of honey-roasted sh!t.

I piddy da foo'....

neither have I. In fact I sent him a C&P of the carfax from here ..

BTW that is a fake GN. Notice the carpets . not black.. Like ALL are..

why havent our questions been posted in the questions box on the auction?
I sent messages to the high bidders about this car.

it is not a gn .the bottom of the console is grey ,carpet is grey and seats are grey /240,000 mile 87 turbo t with the **** run out of it .3-4 k is probably a fair price .if that 44 turbo is good and it runs out ok .Take an ecm with you as it isnt goin to start now

I want to know same thing. Maybe he can pick which ones show up??

Originally posted by TurboIndian
why havent our questions been posted in the questions box on the auction?
I sent messages to the high bidders about this car.

Originally posted by FlyinGN
I want to know same thing. Maybe he can pick which ones show up??

I think that's the case. When someone asks you a question thru Ebay, the seller has to option as to whether or not everyone sees the answer or just the person who asked the question.

Maybe for unethical reasons :rolleyes: :mad: :( , the seller doesn't want to blow the sale with the truth. Another classic case of caveat emptor.

I emailed the winning bidder to enlightem him. He did a carfax and found out the truth. Needless to say he did not buy the car. I also told him thats its NOT a GN

If he didn't buy the car, then why did the seller leave him positive feedback stating 'fast payment' ?

Because the buyer and seller were probably the same person, trying to boost feedback for both accounts for some later scam...

What is even worse is that the BUYER left that idiot seller a positive FB! I doubt they are in cahoots, but you never know...

The winning bidder emailed me back and thanked me for the info.. And he said he did his own carfax on the car and found out the 'truth'. That sure sounds like it to me that he did not buy it. Who knows..

Looks like the seller had zero feedback before this, so it looks like a scam so that the seller will have some feedback before they start ripping people off.....the buyer said "Honest Seller"....BS.
And notice the buyer posted feedback to the seller in less than 48 hours, unless they are in the same city that sure is a short time to take delivery of a car and post feedback, not to mention if there was any shipping involved since the auction ended late in the evening on the 26th, and all feedback was posted already by the morning of the 28th.