ratty 88 gn on ebay.

Wow. That must be the ultra rare 88 GN. ;)

All original includes missing radio and door speakers, extra gages, Enkei style wheels, non-GN interior, bumper exit tailpipes, intercooled badge on the trunk lid, ram air cutout in the front spoiler...and a few other mystery options I'm sure.

And it was well taken care of too...evident with the fine shine in the paint and immaculate interior.

Good for him/her though. The reserve has been met.

Actually he probably is a smart baffoon knowing that there is no 88 & purist would catch it. Grabbing buying power.
sounds like typical newspaper sensationalism to me.

Damn I must say that poor car is a piece of ****. Its going to need paint, interior work, plus I wouldn't have mounted some stupid little gauges like that in the dash over the glove box. And when did that put fuel pressure guages under the hood from the factory? That poor car has probably been beat. It might be decently quick (maybe 13.7 range) if it runs good and doesn't hesitate and miss. God only knows what that dumbass didn't do to it properly (tune it, run good gas, hope he didn't up the boost...)

I'd give him $1200 for it as it sits and not a penny more since I'd need some money to go through it and get it painted and fix the bumper and the air dam, get a new dash, stereo and speakers, probably change the head gaskets out of good measure and replace the turbo, plugs, wires, coil pack.

Sad.

And I quote:
"This car is all original, even tires. It has been stored in a garage and very well taken care of."
:rolleyes: VERY WELL TAKEN CARE OF...??:rolleyes:
and "It is in excellent condition other than a few scratches on the paint" :rolleyes:

I like that original rear exiting exhaust too, must have been a change from the '87 model.

Originally posted by FlyinGN
I emailed him to enlighten him:)

PLEASE let us know what this bonehead's response was.......
(oughta be a real hoot)

i dont think he really has a car for sale...

Cash, Cashiers Check or Wire Transfers only. All funds must be accepted before delivery or pickup.

isnt that the tell tale sign right there that he isnt legit!

not fair to these unsuspecting buyers... this is why people must research

Well, I think its a clone. And as long as it runs and drives and has the correct rear it should part out for the 4000 it was at when I looked at the ebay add. I mean its a running driving intercooled turbo regal. You gotta start somewhere. Theres no way in hell Id even think about placing a bid without seeing it in person first. The add obviosly has a load of BS in it and I would not trust this seller.

$4000?!? Would a true GN in this shape realy be worth four grand? I paid 3 for mine and I personaly think it's in better shape that this one on e-bay.

Originally posted by TurboIndian
makes 2 of us.:D
here is what I sent him, I know it's not every thing that is wrong but it's a start.

Dear salesautosny,

before you sell a car you should know what you are selling."You are bidding on a 1988 Grand National" the last year the Grand National was produced was 1987."This car is all original, even tires. It has been stored in a garage" the Grand National did not come with those look a like "GNX" wheels, they did not come with monte carlo style exhaust that exits under the rear bumper,they did not come with guages in the panel above the glove box, and finaly, if this car has been stored in a garage why is there so much rust, oxidation, & leaves in the engine compartment. if the milage is accurate, this car has had a very hard life. I feel sorry if a un-informed buyer purchases this car.

I emailed him too

Hi, I noticed your auction as it stated that the car was "original even the tires," bet yuo wont post this question. Where should I begin with the UNORIGINAL and in GREAT Condition, parts that I can see just from the pics. How about,
THE TURBO, the wheels, MAF pipe, air intake system, fule pressure gauge mounted under the hood, where are the rest of the A/C lines? , the tachometer, the 145mph speedo, the gauges mounted over above the glove box, the computer is not even in the car, the door speakers are missing, the exhaust that exits straith out the rear bumper, the hole cut in the lower air dam for ram air, the INTERCOOLED emblem on the trunk, and Im sure there is much more not visible. Your claim of 40K is ridiculous, look at the wear from where the keys have been swinging on the steering column, that is the WORST 40K mile car I have EVER seen.

It is unfortunate that there are people bidding this much money on this car. I feel sorry for the winner unless they are buying for a parts car.

I learned everything I possibly could about GN's before I bought mine just so I wouldn't end up buying something like this!

This guy should have his A$$ kicked for lying like that, or someone should sue his pants off!!

The high bidder doesn't seem to be very positive eithier . 3 feedbacks with 1 neg ...didnt go threw with a car deal :eek: . Looks like a lot of $$$ to me !!:confused:

RD

Like everyone didn't know it but:

Truth-In-Mileage Check:

ALERT! Major odometer problems were reported by a DMV under the Truth-In-Mileage Act for this 1987 BUICK REGAL (1G4GJ1177HP404926). This vehicle does NOT qualify for the CARFAX Buyback Guarantee.

Not Actual Mileage Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses mileage fraud or a broken odometer.
Exceeds Mechanical Limits Title - issued by DMV when the owner discloses an

Odometer Rollback Check:

CARFAX found no odometer rollbacks for this 1987 BUICK REGAL (1G4GJ1177HP404926). Rollbacks reported in this section originate from readings collected by a DMV or other verifiable source.

Mileage Consistency Check:

CARFAX analyzed the mileage history for this 1987 BUICK REGAL (1G4GJ1177HP404926) and found an inconsistent odometer reading. CARFAX is uncertain whether this is a rollback or a source-level clerical error. Please verify this mileage with your dealer or a qualified mechanic.

Reading reported on 10/06/1995: 82,883 miles
Inconsistent reading on 12/07/1998: 38,388 miles
Reading reported on 06/13/2000: 32,500 miles

So, there you have it in black and white.