Rant

The ole question of "is that a Monte Carlo?" Has now been replaced with "dude you should LS that thing". I've heard it so many times at local cruise nights and hang outs. Well it's really offensive. There so cheap and so good, hey that's great but so was the ole small block chevy. Do you LS guys tell ford owners to swap there motors for LS motors as well? Walk up to the Supra owners and suggest that to them as well. The fact is our V6 motors make our cars what they are and they are reliable into the 9s. rant

The ole question of "is that a Monte Carlo?" Has now been replaced with "dude you should LS that thing". I've heard it so many times at local cruise nights and hang outs. Well it's really offensive. There so cheap and so good, hey that's great but so was the ole small block chevy. Do you LS guys tell ford owners to swap there motors for LS motors as well? Walk up to the Supra owners and suggest that to them as well. The fact is our V6 motors make our cars what they are and they are reliable into the 9s. rant

Don't like it, don't engage in the discussions...Really, pretty simple. You're "offended"? tuff shyt. Go to a college "safe zone".
As for the Ford guys... Check in over on LS1tech.. LOTS of Moosetangs getting the transplant.

Funny, but I thought this was a turbo buick forum. Not how to desecrate an iconic muscle car with a generic V8. There are many here that share my same opinion so I think I'll stick around. Not saying the LS motor is a bad motor or anything but they don't belong in every platform on the planet just because you can get one from a salvage yard for 500. I seriously doubt any mustang owners with coyote motors are transplanting LS motors in there cars either.

Funny, but I thought this was a turbo buick forum. Not how to desecrate an iconic muscle car with a generic V8. There are many here that share my same opinion so I think I'll stick around. Not saying the LS motor is a bad motor or anything but they don't belong in every platform on the planet just because you can get one from a salvage yard for 500. I seriously doubt any mustang owners with coyote motors are transplanting LS motors in there cars either.

You made your point...FWIW, I don't give a shyt what you think....

try writing in paragraphs vs. one long run on sentence...... but I agree!

Try using a capital at the beginning of a sentence. I also agree.

Sorry for the late entry, just started reading this thread. LOL

Don't like it, don't engage in the discussions...Really, pretty simple. You're "offended"? tuff shyt. Go to a college "safe zone".
As for the Ford guys... Check in over on LS1tech.. LOTS of Moosetangs getting the transplant.
Oh, another opnonated ls guy that couldnt fgure out the v6. How much tme and money have you blown to MAYBE run 10s ? Come on tell us the truth.

Oh, another opnonated ls guy that couldnt fgure out the v6. How much tme and money have you blown to MAYBE run 10s ? Come on tell us the truth.

thats too much work.....;)

That's the problem with the youth these days.

Everything is to much work for you. Always looking for the easy way out or a hand out.

I for one don't mind how you type out the drivel from your keyboard as it shows me the mentality of the person on the other end.

Please don't be offended when people either don't take you serious or point out your ineptitude [look it up] to speak proper English.;);)

I am also tired of our cars winding up in the wrong hands. Our motor is the heart of the car and is what makes it a Grand National or TTYPE. I get the sense that yet again nobody respects the 3.8 for making big power when a LS Swap is done. If they want a turbo v-8 I would rather see them do it in a n/a regal. I think our cars are too special and deserve more respect than that.

I am also tired of our cars winding up in the wrong hands. Our motor is the heart of the car and is what makes it a Grand National or TTYPE. I get the sense that yet again nobody respects the 3.8 for making big power when a LS Swap is done. If they want a turbo v-8 I would rather see them do it in a n/a regal. I think our cars are too special and deserve more respect than that.

Honestly, no one here is disagreeing with you. You say "our" cars are "winding up in the wrong hands"......

You're preaching to the choir here. Not one of us wants to see a TR or GN fundamentally changed from a V6 to a V8 but lately, it seems to be a popular "upgrade".

I don't think it's right or proper. But, if I did want to do that..........It's none of your got damn business. The fact is, if I buy a car, any car, I can do what ever the fuck I want to do to it. You can choose to disagree, you can be passionate and animate about it, but you can't stop ME from doing what ever I want to do with MY car.

You do get that fact, don't you?

Why are you so angry about what other people do with THEIR cars? If stock is what you love and you are so passionate about it, by all means, keep YOUR car stock.

Or you could go "slightly" modified, like I've done with mine. Still a V6, but it runs faster than a scalded dog. I'm jus, sayin'. Mid to low 10's all day long before I'm asked to leave. It depends on the tech guy, I don't have a roll bar.

And yes, it's a turbo V6, basically a grandpa looking Turbo Regal.

Last edited:
that made me LOL.... literally. dude its a FORUM on the internet not a thesis.....um look it up if ur not aware of wat it is. wow if u can't comprehend the internet thing then you have much bigger issues then ur aware of.....:rolleyes: let me guess? ur an ENGLISH teacher lmao

That's the problem with the youth these days.

Everything is to much work for you. Always looking for the easy way out or a hand out.

I for one don't mind how you type out the drivel from your keyboard as it shows me the mentality of the person on the other end.

Please don't be offended when people either don't take you serious or point out your ineptitude [look it up] to speak proper English.;);)

wats a matter robzombie ur feelings get hurt.....awwwwww. next time wen I want ur opinion ill be sure to give it to u