Rant

So true. I did not cage my car for this very reason. Think about this folks. What is worse? A Donked, metal flaked T type or a tubbed and caged GNX? I've seen the latter. Although easier on the eyes that car was essentially ruined.

Agreed - let people enjoy their cars.... I'd rather see people enjoy them, then them sitting in a plastic bubble in a garage.... Is Gene Fleury's car ruined, is Shane's car ruined.... I don't think so. ANYTHING can be fixed, with enough money and talent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
We need to separate modded to someone's taste from clapped out here. There will be lots of clapped out T types because "Grand National" is the word that made the household name.

I think it falls into the same category, whether cut, modded, painted, caged, or just drive what you have. Rat rods are in. Mine looks clapped. 150k miles, and I enjoyed pretty much all of them. Trans is new, has hydroboost brakes , tires in good shape, front suspension has been gone through. But the paint is original and the rear filller fell out . It will get a spoolfool one piece one of these days. I did save up enough for some front fiberglass fillers, and squirted some flat on the headlight surrounds. It isnt perfect but I like driving it. With four kids, two of them in college, the car fundage ain't stacked.
And just because a guy wants boat paint doesnt make him a bad guy. Because he has 24s and a lift kit to get em under doesn't make him a criminal. He owns the car, he makes the choices why is that hard to understand. His goal isn't to lay down the quickest pass at the strip or on the street. He wants to see and be seen. It seems to be working as you saw it and it got your attention. Just like sagging the britches. It is all about attention. Hell when I was a kid, sagging britches ment you hadn't grown into the hand me downs and your parents couldn't afford a belt.
It is all the same to me riced, jacked up, shiney paint or no paint at all. Appreciate the effort and style no matter. He(or maybe she) is a car guy too. Not many left that wrench on their own stuff.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

Ugly rims, paint etc are subjective but I really don't get the engine swaps with a GN. Makes a GN look like a regal trying to be a GN.

Ugly rims, paint etc are subjective but I really don't get the engine swaps with a GN. Makes a GN look like a regal trying to be a GN.

some people do the math and come to the conclusion that it doesn't make much sense to keep throwing money at the finicky V6 when they can go just as fast with better reliability for cheaper by swapping something else in.

When it comes down to it, it's your car. Do with it how it pleases you, but not everybody is gonna like it. I owned a lot of Buicks over the years, starting with 70-72 GS cars. I always loved the turbo cars, but couldn't afford one until my first and current GN I bought in 98. I'm diehard Buick, all the way.

Call me opinionated, but I see no craftsmanship in anything "donked", and I thank God that I live in an area where that fad hasn't really caught on yet.

X2. There is a fine line between cool and stupid. Donks? Really? Sorry that s on the stupid side of the line. Even our local cruise makes the non classic flavor of the month park in the goofy lot with the rice rockets, boat paint and the daily driver guys that pump out their 80 something too many door jalopies. I like the rat rods and odd ball cars but their is a line that shoulD not be crossed.

Just to clear things up. The word donk is thrown around loosely and inaccurately all the time. Donk DOES NOT mean any car with huge wheels. A donk is only a 71-76 Chevrolet Caprice or Impala. Nothing else. Even a stock one with stock wheels is still a donk.

I like the Box better.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using Tapatalk

My bad. I always categorized a donk as any car jacked up with huge retarded wheels. This was based on the terminology I've seen used on all types of cars I've seen listed on craigslist. I also see the term "ol skool." I guess I need to brush up on my 2015 car lingo.

I find these days far more tolerable than about 9 years ago when "GN" guys were parting out perfectly good cars. One assclown who doesn't come on here anymore had a shop in Maryland and was chopping up a beautiful Burgundy T. I PM'd him to ask a price for the whole car and he said " I make more money parting them out".
Not really ass clown if there are less customers with Turbo Regals you make less money in the long haul. So at least that trend has slowed and it pains me to think how many perfectly good cars went to pieces for short term profit.

I quit reading it halfway through...

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

When a car is done for form and no functionality, its stupid. Both should be done with functionality your primary focus.

I think that butt hurt you talk about novaderrik is because those guys want you to support the vendros.

Secondly, these cars all have the same parts because frankly thats all the parts our vendors offer.

And i agree we need to not just sell our cars for pennies because we have to.

Im adamant about TR owners not swapping in ls motors. I guarantee any of you if you ever had a 440 six pack mopar, you would not put in any other engine. You would retarded, stupid and anything under that aspect to put any motor in their other than the original. The same goes for our cars.
If you want something fast go get a different car and ls swap that or do whatever. Frankly, im not a fan of roll cages and whatnot in our cars because you cant remove them.

Just to clear things up. The word donk is thrown around loosely and inaccurately all the time. Donk DOES NOT mean any car with huge wheels. A donk is only a 71-76 Chevrolet Caprice or Impala. Nothing else. Even a stock one with stock wheels is still a donk.

Just to clear things up a bit further.......

From Urban Dictionary:

donk
Any POS late 80's or early 90's American heap (preferably an Impala) that has large enough wheels installed until it resembles (and rides and handles like) a Conestoga wagon. This is done so it sits up high enough so as to be at the same eye level as the Playa's with real juice ridin' in their Escalades. Adding in a bad candy paint job and Wal-Mart sub box completes the transformation.

With no money left over for necessary suspension and brake upgrades, the lifespan is limited to a few drug runs or the first Police chase, whichever occurs first.

So America, now you know the REST of the story..............:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Last edited:

From Urban Dictionary:

donk
Any POS late 80's or early 90's American heap (preferably an Impala) that has large enough wheels installed until it resembles (and rides and handles like) a Conestoga wagon. This is done so it sits up high enough so as to be at the same eye level as the Playa's with real juice ridin' in their Escalades. Adding in a bad candy paint job and Wal-Mart sub box completes the transformation.

With no money left over for necessary suspension and brake upgrades, the lifespan is limited to a few drug runs or the first Police chase, whichever occurs first.

And America, now you know the REST of the story..............:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

Wait a minute. I call BS. Does the urban dictionary actually say POS?

Wait a minute. I call BS. Does the urban dictionary actually say POS?

Look it up, my friend.

Definition 2. Word for word.

And I would think they would be up on this sort of thing........... Jus' sayin'. :D

See definition 15 for further explanation.

See definition 26 for a pretty comical view on one.........

Last edited:

From Urban Dictionary:

donk

So America, now you know the REST of the story..............:LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL:

I'm not going to sit here and argue with your over the definition of a genre of cars. But. That urban dictionary definition is 100% wrong. Again a Donk is only a 71-76 impala. Nothing else. You might learn a thing a two about the car game if you quit believing everything on the Internet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm not going to sit here and argue with your over the definition of a genre of cars. But. That urban dictionary definition is 100% wrong. Again a Donk is only a 71-76 impala. Nothing else. You might learn a thing a two about the car game if you quit believing everything on the Internet.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Does humor always pass you by so easily?

Geeze, lighten up, Francis...... this isn't your rant.......... o_O Or maybe it is.......... :D

Was your point to come here and school us, or get some stuff off your chest and disagree with the direction some TR owners are taking with THEIR OWN cars?

Last edited: