Random Questions

you can measure the decal's size and see if you can get the T-type center cap decals off ebay or here; and see what happens?

you can measure the decal's size and see if you can get the T-type center cap decals off ebay or here; and see what happens?

Hmm decal sound good and cheaper than hunting down the caps i might just take that route, the sad thing is my area is just starting its snow time of year which meens the buicks are on guard duty only till spring since the city laces everything with salt:(

My modem messed up and Verizon had to reconfigure it. Anyways, would a SBC 350-400 work with the 350 trans I have? I think they are all the same, but helps to be safe... I`m thinking of dropping a SBC in the Regal and rebuild the 3.8 the way I really want it to be... but my chances of finding a good temporary 3.8 down here is like finding a job... slim to none:biggrin:

If your th350 has a dual bolt pattern then you can, but if it's a dedicated BOP pattern then that is all that will fit onto it. The only way to use a chevy infront of a BOP Trans is to buy an adapter to mate them, or use a dual pattern trans.
Have FUN with it Jase

Ok, thanks Adam... I`m not sure what kind it is... anyway to tell without surgery? I haven`t found anything nearby in my price range... the good ones are all 100 miles or so away from here. I found a turbo 3.8, but the guy sold it and didn't remove the post:rolleyes: I found a guy selling all the parts off a turbo 3.8 out of an 80 for $200, but I`m still trying to figure out how I hook the ESC up(the 2 wires to the harness) since it was an N/A car... my uncle says that one wire is a 12v and the other is a ground, but I want to be sure... I don`t fry it up.

Anyone know the voltages of the 2 wires? I know the 4 wire connector goes to the distributor and the big wire is to the knock sensor, but the 2 wires that hook up to the harness is what I`m trying to figure out.

I don`t want to buy the parts and end up not using it due to me not knowing my stuff first:biggrin:

If its got a valley on the top of the bellhousing its a BOP only. If its got a mountain its a dual bellhousing. I bet you have a BOP only.

randomass question.... how many inches are our backing plates on our differentials? (almost said rear ends:p)

Anyone know the voltages of the 2 wires? I know the 4 wire connector goes to the distributor and the big wire is to the knock sensor, but the 2 wires that hook up to the harness is what I`m trying to figure out.

No one knows? :(

It must be a BOP then... it was a valley:rolleyes:

Almost back together.
10007190.jpg

If it is the original tranny then it should be BOP only but if it's been changed then it may be a dual unit. Can't tell from the pics because I need to see the tranny mouning to the block.

If it is the original tranny then it should be BOP only but if it's been changed then it may be a dual unit. Can't tell from the pics because I need to see the tranny mouning to the block.

Charlie i think he wants to know how to hook up the esc box.

It`s a BOP... it`s the original tran, I had it rebuilt. Yeah, see if you can find some info Charlie... that would be sweet if you could:biggrin: I have been tossing the 3.0 piston idea around too, but not with this motor... need to get a junkyard motor that can keep the oil pressure up.

Are you looking for the power wires to the turbo control center Jase? It's on Rich's site and if you can't read them I may have a better pic I can send you.

Yeah, I have the one from Rich`s site, but Its kinda confusing... It doesn't tell you any details, just a maze of wires:biggrin:

Hear is the trans
1000720b.jpg

1000721.jpg

Thanks Charlie. Anyone know any part numbers for flat top pistons? I have been thinking about sticking with the N/A setup with 12.1 compression, get a bigger carb, KB intake, bigger cam, better headers, 2004R, rear gears?(373 in it now)... just thinking of my options.

Thanks Charlie. Anyone know any part numbers for flat top pistons? I have been thinking about sticking with the N/A setup with 12.1 compression, get a bigger carb, KB intake, bigger cam, better headers, 2004R, rear gears?(373 in it now)... just thinking of my options.

what size cam do you have in it now? if you do change out the gears, can i have your old 373 ones?

Jase I know we went over this once, lets do it again while we wait for Charlie's info to compare it too.

What I gather is: there should be a female socket connector running out of the engine harness that is flat and holds pins for three wires but there should only be two in it. Should be Pink and Light Blue wires in the socket, if not then the Light Blue wire is Purple instead and the other should still be pink. If you can't find any of that(might not be on an NA harness), The two wires with the male socket(still should be Pink and Light Blue) that are on your Turbo Control Center, can be wired up directly. The PINK wire is a switched 12V that needs to be hot while the key is in the RUN position, the BLUE wire goes to chassis ground.