Ran the GN tonight...no traction but still had fun

BuickMike

Money pit
So I took the GN out and made a couple passes. Unfortunately the track prep was meh and my tight suspension with 45 series Toyo Proxes TQ didn't help either. That being said, I was pretty impressed with my MPH. Check this out...

I ran a 11.931@119.42 with a 2.053 60ft. I babied it off the line and got into it as soon as I rolled out a bit. I know the ET is nothing to write home about, but check out that MPH!!

The DA was pretty good at about 600ft. I was running pump gas and alky. Got it dialed in nice. 20 / 18 for the timing, 22-23psi of boost, got AFR rock solid at 11.1, and set the converter to lock at 90mph. Zero knock!! Car felt good.

But here's the kicker. With all the sound deadening and stereo crap I added, my car weighed in at 3916 lbs with me in it. I also had the spare tire and jack in it and an almost full tank of gas.

So what do you all think I could get out of this brick if I pull the couple hundred lbs of crap out of the trunk, put on some ET streets so I can pull a 1.6 60ft, and use higher octane gas so I can put in a couple degrees of timing? As it sits I think the MPH is good for 11.20's with a good 60ft. I'm thinking a few less lbs and a little more timing and I could squeeze about 10.90 out of it?

A good set of tires alone would get me into the low 11's. I guess it really does not matter since I'm not about to cage this car. I'm just happy I got that kind of mph out a a TE-44 in a full weight car.

IMO, you could be about a full second quicker with that MPH. You should be putting down about 500 HP to the wheels. At this point, you need to get that thing out of the hole quicker. What was your MPH at the 1/8th?

Mike Barnard

I could have launched harder, but was afraid of just lighting up the tires. The track was horrible on my first run, but much better on the second and I didn't take advantage of that. The funny thing was that I mashed the pedal about 15ft out from a roll and it went so hard that my extended center console went flying back and bounced off the top of the back seat. :D

Here is a vid of that run: