Ran horrible 14.2, could it be my chips?

buickrob

Guys,
I just raced my GN today and was really disapointed. It ran a best of 14.2 @ 98. Granted I had horrible 2.3 60' times (really old and bad slicks) but the car should have had better mph don't you think with the combo listed in my signature. Anyway, the chips I installed from Precision Turbo were marked for 43 lb injectors but I ordered 42.5 lb injector chips. Could this be the cause? Please let me know. Thanks

what was your boost, fuel press, any knock on your gauges. did you leave off idle. give us all your info. race gas or pump gas. that chip should be fine is it a race or street chip.

here's the details.
Fuel pressure was 45 with the vac off.
no knock at all :)
Left with 4-5 psi of boost
race 110 sunoco purple gas
and only 16 psi of boost. I didnt realize I have a non-adjustable
wastegate
The first run was on a street 93 octane chip and it was a 14.2 @98 mph

The next few runs were on a race 110 chip with the race gas and the car went 14.3 @96.

WTF???

you barely have the right boost for the street chip and way low for the race chip ..i bet it was rich as crap on the race chip

on your combo with race chip and low 20's on boost the car should run in the 114 mph range.

a scan tool and fresh 02 would help alot...i say it was way rich.

Funny thing is that my turbolink said the car was lean all the way down the 1/4. That may have been on my first run with only 42 psi. I wanted to run like 22 lbs of boost but when I got to the track I noticed the car didn't have an adj wastegate. I assumed it did (the mother of all F@#% ups! )

The car pulled good in first and second but fell on its face in third. It ran 78 mph in the 1/8 mile