Ramchargers dual fans

1nadrag

I was wondering who has this setup on there car and how did they install them as they don't have bolt holes in the top and bottom.
Thanks Tom

I used a Sears drill.
I cut off the mounting ears on both sides.
I used the mounting off the bottom of the original fan & drilled the holes to mount it 1" left of center (twd drivers side).
I fabricated two mounting brackets for the top of the fan.
I fits like it was made for the TR, but I had a very small interference problem with the PS box - had to grind about 1/4" off the fan shroud.
The TR runs about 10* cooler in traffic.

Here are some pictures of how I mounted mine. The third picture is how the lower (stock) braket was used, the other two are fabricated top brakets I made of thick strap aluminum. They have since been shortened a little and covered with black paint to hide them better.

Forgot to include the link :eek:

http://community.webshots.com/album/66349323KBqJzw

I cut off the tabs then using a dremel tool I carfully shaved the sides.until I could get it to the point at which with some flexing ,sweating and swearing to get it to snap in place between the radiator end tanks behind the lip.Trust me it is a very solid mount and I would hate to even try to get it back out.But it works good and I don't need any brackets.

I also took the center pin off my old fan plug and soldered it to the two red wires of the plug adapter from ramchargers so that the fan will come on with the air cond and time delay relay or the temp switch.Hope this helps Kevin