radiator fan

atc

looking for some help. this spring on my 86 gn, the radiator fan would run after i turn off the engine for long periods of time. i knew the motor was that hot to run that often. i came this forum, to discover that a rely switch go bad and to unplug it. i down loaded a diagram showing where it was located. after that, no problem until last week came after work, parked and turn off and again fan running after i turn off the car. i waited a few minutes did not quit. i disconnected the battery. reconnected a few days later drove 3 miles and parked in the garage and again fan running after i turn off the car. i felt the rad cap and it was not hot. now what is causing the fan not turn off? any thoughts. thanks

Are you sure you unpluged the correct relay?It is the one on the drivers side inner fender,and it is the third one back from the front of the car.It is the big relay.Its called the delay relay.

Are you sure you unpluged the correct relay?It is the one on the drivers side inner fender,and it is the third one back from the front of the car.It is the big relay.Its called the delay relay.

You "possibly" unhooked the low or high speed relay? Does the fan work correct otherwise? If "delay" is unpluged thats pretty weird that it keeps running? What thermostat are you running a 180 or 160? Double check & let us know.

I have found that the pressure switch on the AC hose usually causes this problem. Even on cars with no freon in the system. Try unplugging it there instead of at the relay. Sometimes you can clean them with brake cleaner but you'll probably end up having to replace it.