Racetronix

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello; Just to note my package did not come in perfect shape either. Have you ever seen the way some UPS members work with there delivey? I'd probably do the same if I had to handle all kinds of boxs every day. My sender was not harmed but that's when the seller has to make sure it's packed so no to be damadged if mishandled.
IBBY

Why would you not call a dealer?

Because as far as I know you are the only one running the special on the 340 pumps for $100. I saw it on your website. You never did tell me which ones I needed, only gave your opinion on how my current unit was inferior, and told me to stop being cheap and just buy your complete double pumper for $700 + dollars.

Because as far as I know you are the only one running the special on the 340 pumps for $100. I saw it on your website. You never did tell me which ones I needed, only gave your opinion on how my current unit was inferior, and told me to stop being cheap and just buy your complete double pumper for $700 + dollars.

Sounds like your interpretation of our reply but not our actual words. There must have been a good reason for us to recommend the DP based on whatever limited information you supplied.
As stated above, dealers can offer the same price as our web store. If you are not satisfied with or fail to understand our reply you are welcome to ask a dealer for advise on which product best suits your needs.

Sounds like your interpretation of our reply but not our actual words. There must have been a good reason for us to recommend the DP based on whatever limited information you supplied.
As stated above, dealers can offer the same price as our web store. If you are not satisfied with or fail to understand our reply you are welcome to ask a dealer for advise on which product best suits your needs.

Like I said I didn't ask for any advice, or opinions, yet received it anyways. Fail to understand your reply? Are you serious? Believe it or not, not all of your potential customers are morons seeking your great wealth of knowledge.

Like I said I didn't ask for any advice, or opinions, yet received it anyways. Fail to understand your reply? Are you serious? Believe it or not, not all of your potential customers are morons seeking your great wealth of knowledge.

A simple pump fitment inquiry lead to us recommending a DP. :confused:
What is your e-mail address so we can dig up this e-mail and see what led to this DP recommendation?

So..... can you tell me which style of your 340 pump would fit? I can't see spending $500 extra for a hanger & some wires.

To: 'john
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:05 AM
Subject: RE: fuel pumps

@ 1000HP you would need a complete 680LPH DP setup:
http://racetronix.biz/customkititems.asp?kc=DPFS-G7680AN&eq=
http://racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FLK-G7B1&eq=&Tp=
http://racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=ACFB-BREG&Tp=

Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:49 AM
To: Sales @ Racetronix
Subject: Re: fuel pumps

1000 horsepower flywheel

To: 'john plog' <john>
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 1:27 AM

We do not recommend that our RXP pumps be used in a factory sender with Red's wiring.
What is your projected HP?

Sent: Monday, September 16, 2013 8:42 AM
To: sales@racetronix.com
Subject: fuel pumps

Hi, I was planning on calling and figuring out which fuel pumps I need this morning then realized there is no phone # on your web page. I would much rather call you if I could for this order, or you can certainly call me at XXX-XXX-XXXX.

I believe I need to replace the two pumps on my Red Armstrong double pumper on an 87 buick gn and don't know which style would fit best. I want the 340lph pumps that are on sale.

I wanted to ask your opinion on if I tested my fuel system correctly. I cranked the fuel pressure to 75psi (45 base plus 30psi) put a charger on the battery & read 13.1 volts, then took the return line loose at the frame rail & put it in a can running both pumps for 60 seconds. I got 5 liters or 300lph. My car just recently seems to be running out of fuel. My only concern is if that return line is capable of flowing more than 300lph? and not the restriction here making my test invalid? I also wish to overnite the new pumps.

Thank you

John

So..... can you tell me which style of your 340 pump would fit? I can't see spending $500 extra for a hanger & some wires.

That pretty much sums it up there. You failed to understand how the restrictive nature of the fuel lines and undersized wiring on a Red's DP would impact the performance and reliability of our RXP340 pumps.
Why would we sell pumps to you knowing full well there was a high probability you would come back with problems?
There are good reasons as to why we upgraded the tubing and wiring on our 680LPH DP system and it isn't just for show!

And here is your last response

Sales @ Racetronix

Sep 17
It is not a matter of fittment, it is a matter of being able to support the flow and power requirements of the 340LPH pumps neither of which your current hanger can do properly.
Sell what you have on TB and get yourself a decent proven system. If you have spent the $ to make 1000HP then it does not make sense to cheap-out over a few hundred $ and risk damaging your motor.

I had forgotten that I did ask for your opinion on whether the stock return line was a restriction above 300 lph. Doesn't seem that you ever answered that though.

And here is your last response

Sales @ Racetronix

Sep 17
It is not a matter of fittment, it is a matter of being able to support the flow and power requirements of the 340LPH pumps neither of which your current hanger can do properly.
Sell what you have on TB and get yourself a decent proven system. If you have spent the $ to make 1000HP then it does not make sense to cheap-out over a few hundred $ and risk damaging your motor.

Good advice and a well-justified reply given your failure to understand the shortcomings of your hardware and its ability to support 2 x 340LPH pumps properly.
If all we cared about was taking your $ then we would have sold you the pumps but sometimes a lost sale is better than a customer with chronic problems.
You would have been better off with 2 x 255LPH or 2 x 300LPH pumps but not 2 x 340LPH pumps.

I had forgotten that I did ask for your opinion on whether the stock return line was a restriction above 300 lph. Doesn't seem that you ever answered that though.

To: 'john
Sent: Tuesday, September 17, 2013 7:05 AM

@ 1000HP you would need a complete 680LPH DP setup:
http://racetronix.biz/customkititems.asp?kc=DPFS-G7680AN&eq=
http://racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=FLK-G7B1&eq=&Tp=
http://racetronix.biz/itemdesc.asp?ic=ACFB-BREG&Tp=

We did in not so many words by listing the fuel line kit as a requirement in our reply.
At 1000HP it is pretty much a given that factory components are out of the equation with the fuel rail as the exception.

I have to admit not being able to talk to a human being is a little frustrating. I see their point though. And after the whole truth of emails were posted I must say I don't feel that Johnplogii was fair. Racetronix answered very reasonably and accurately. Just seems like so many people want to jump on 'some' venders here.
I had ordered Racetronix new sender with 340 pump and was very satisfied with it. It is a gorgeous quality piece and I thank you for making improved quality parts for our cars. Keep up the good work.

Jack called me personally when I ordered my double pumper, and also when I had an issue with the pumps failing.

All were handled professionally.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.