Racetronix

Status
Not open for further replies.

coldair85GN

fast85GN
Customer service sucks. After sending emails to their sales dept with no response asking about the proper sending unit for my car I finally had to ask my questions on their special promo link here to finally get a response. So I order my tank hanger and the "special" digital sending unit which is required for my digital dash GN which is also a $15 dollar additional expense. Shipping was fast..when it arrived I immediately went to install it. The BRAND NEW fuel guage sending unit didn't work. They never soldered the gound connection to the resistor. I emailed. I would have called but...yeah....Racetronix apparently doesn't have a telephone. There is no phone number ANYWHERE on their site. Realizing what a simple repair this is...I went ahead and soldered the connection and now everything works. BUT....their theory is that I damaged it installing it...yeah because that would remove the solder. Oh but wait...I plugged it in right out of the box before mounting it..and it didn't work. I even included pics showing their screw up. NOPE...they will have none of that. Its my fault....or the shippers...they test everything before shipping. Well they didn't test this one. Now that I repaired their screw up...I'm told I voided my warranty. Yeah....I want my car to be down for a week because they didn't solder a wire. No apology...no offer to compensate me even though I saved them the shipping expense by fixing it myself. Nope. Nothing. Its my fault that they don't have a phone number (even for resolving problems). Its my fault that nobody responded to my emails. Its my fault because I somehow removed the solder installing it even though I noticed a problem before I ever mounted it. And finally...because I soldered the connection that THEY SHOULD HAVE SOLDERED...my warranty is apparently voided.
They are well setup to take your money right on the website...with a quickness...but don't count on a quick or satisfactory response if you have a problem. I will NEVER buy anything from them again based on this.

I try not to get in on any negative feedback to vendors, but I totally agree. I would put a hand pump on my car before I ordered from them again.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Good timing. I was contemplating another fuel pump and other stuff from them but will look elsewhere in light of these comments...

Customer service sucks. After sending emails to their sales dept with no response asking about the proper sending unit for my car I finally had to ask my questions on their special promo link here to finally get a response. So I order my tank hanger and the "special" digital sending unit which is required for my digital dash GN which is also a $15 dollar additional expense. Shipping was fast..when it arrived I immediately went to install it. The BRAND NEW fuel guage sending unit didn't work. They never soldered the gound connection to the resistor. I emailed. I would have called but...yeah....Racetronix apparently doesn't have a telephone. There is no phone number ANYWHERE on their site. Realizing what a simple repair this is...I went ahead and soldered the connection and now everything works. BUT....their theory is that I damaged it installing it...yeah because that would remove the solder. Oh but wait...I plugged it in right out of the box before mounting it..and it didn't work. I even included pics showing their screw up. NOPE...they will have none of that. Its my fault....or the shippers...they test everything before shipping. Well they didn't test this one. Now that I repaired their screw up...I'm told I voided my warranty. Yeah....I want my car to be down for a week because they didn't solder a wire. No apology...no offer to compensate me even though I saved them the shipping expense by fixing it myself. Nope. Nothing. Its my fault that they don't have a phone number (even for resolving problems). Its my fault that nobody responded to my emails. Its my fault because I somehow removed the solder installing it even though I noticed a problem before I ever mounted it. And finally...because I soldered the connection that THEY SHOULD HAVE SOLDERED...my warranty is apparently voided.
They are well setup to take your money right on the website...with a quickness...but don't count on a quick or satisfactory response if you have a problem. I will NEVER buy anything from them again based on this.

An interesting take from the customer's point of view but most of what has been stated above has been twisted to support his case.

In every case we have like this the customer has failed to understand our operation. Contact information is listed in our web store and as of Nov 4th we offer web-mail via our .com site to prevent SPAM blockage and direction to the proper dept. Our sales e-mail is not a catch all for every type of inquiry as it gets inundated with 100’s of e-mails every day.

Racetronix is not a retail operation with phone sales or support. Our facility is dedicated to design, manufacturing and distribution. All sales and support are handled via the web only. If a customer does not feel comfortable with this then they may purchase our product through a Racetronix dealer.

This customer made his purchasing decision and transaction via the web yet seems to have trouble engaging us effectively for service because we do not have a phone number to call. The forums seem to serve his purpose quite well when it suits his need to flame us but lacks the functionality for effective communication. This seems to be the most common beef with disgruntled customers who feel the need to pick up a phone and complain to someone at the other end. If this customer put a fraction of the effort in trying to communicate his problem to us as he has flaming us here, the problem would have been taken care of quickly and effectively. We do not offer arbitrary compensation. We offer fit and finish of product along with a warranty PERIOD!

For some reason this customer had trouble understanding the term ‘add-on’ in our web store for the digital level sender. We shall attempt to clarify this further in our web store however what is not read can not be understood.

The customer accuses us of shipping an untested/defective part. This is the furthest thing from the truth. Every hanger is plugged into a digital testing station which runs through a bunch of tests to insure that all wires have continuity, proper resistance and location. We further test all level sensors for dead spots. Once all tests have passed the test equipment prints off a barcode label with the tester’s ID, date and time. At no point in time did we accuse the customer of breaking the part, we are simply offering up potential scenarios given the fact that the part would not have been packed without passing our tests. Something happened to it between the time it was packed and installed. The customer should not have taken it upon himself to repair the part if he expected warranty consideration. We need to know how and why it arrived broken. This is all about internal QC controls. If there is a defect we want to know about it but now we can not establish anything. This data is worth way more to a manufacturer than a single part plus shipping and handling. He claims to be a skilled tech yet fails to recognize this simple manufacturer’s requirement. We never stated the customer’s warranty was void. What we are saying is that if further damage/failure occurs as a result of his repairs we cannot be held liable. Again this is standard warranty stuff.

We can go on and on here but the reality is that this customer is pissed and there is nothing we can say or do to change it now. He chose to approach things they way he did on the forum and this is the end result.
The majority of Racetronix customers are happy with our products and have no problem engaging us on our support forum when required. Exercise common sense when looking for warranty support and read the supplied documents.

I like their products, but this seems to be happening more and more and they sure are GREAT at typing a novel of excuses.

hello people; I got a sender less pump from them last week and installed yesterday. Everything seems OK and there product came in a regular shipping time. Time will tell and from this site they where highly recommended. Personally I'd rather talk to a vender than communicating via e-mail.
IBBY

hello people; I got a sender less pump from them last week and installed yesterday. Everything seems OK and there product came in a regular shipping time. Time will tell and from this site they where highly recommended. Personally I'd rather talk to a vender than communicating via e-mail.
IBBY

We have many dealers that can source product for you and provide phone sales / support. Buying directly from the manufacturer is convenient for some people but not the norm in this industry.

Personally I'd rather talk to a vender than communicating via e-mail.
IBBY

I agree, I'm a web designer/developer and I still appreciate and like the option of a real person to talk to on the phone. That alone would probably have kept this post from being made. The frustration from no actual help other than email would have been a good thing. Maybe vendors should still invest in phone communication other than just internet comm. alone.

I agree, I'm a web designer/developer and I still appreciate and like the option of a real person to talk to on the phone. That alone would probably have kept this post from being made. The frustration from no actual help other than email would have been a good thing. Maybe vendors should still invest in phone communication other than just internet comm. alone.

This may be the case but putting a team of people behind the phone to answer the same questions repeatedly adds a substantial amount to a business's operating costs. These costs would have to be passed on to the customer. Adding to this, we have customers from coast to coast and around the globe so 24/7 phone support is not feasible.

Trying to maintain quality and price is a constant challenge so many manufacturers move production offshore. Racetronix maintains as much USA/CANADA content as possible to maintain quality and NAFTA requirements. We value North American jobs.

A forum allows instant access to a trove of ever-growing pooled data. At the end of the day, most customers require online data to satisfy their tech support requirements. A small handful of customers may complain about this support model but these same customers use THIS forum (and others) as a means to acquire data on their cars, make purchasing decisions AND flame vendors. Somewhat hypocritical when one really looks at it.

We believe that it is much better to have a dealer who specializes in a vehicle platform sell and support application-specific products such as ours. Find a retailer whom you can build a relationship with and source your parts from them. We encourage this purchasing practice.

hello people; I understand the saving money part but isn't the dealer just the middle man for the product in this case? It kinda sounds like that to me and I still would rather talk to the manufacturer. I'm sure my purchase will be fine and in business you can't make everyone happy and glitches do happen with products.
All I know winter is around the corner so my new sender will be in my car sitting in a garage.
IBBY

hello people; I understand the saving money part but isn't the dealer just the middle man for the product in this case? IBBY

Racetronix has over 4,000 items in inventory. It is impossible to be an expert on every vehicle platform for which we have products. A vendor that deals with TRs on a daily basis should be up to date on most go-fast parts and be better able to make a recommendation on a fuel system based on a customer's build. All too often we get inquiries where a customer will provide a list of HP parts/mods they have on their car and then ask what fuel system should they get. Our reply is "What is your projected maximum FWHP, NA or FI and fuel pressure?" If the customer does not provide the correct info or we do not ask the right questions, it could lead to a problem. If a dealer works with a customer, they should be aware of all a customer's build details, which will help avoid problems. As stated before, purchasing from the manufacturer is not common. The industry is structured like a tree with branches that reach out from the manufacturer to the dealer to the customer. Our dealer pricing is the same as our web-direct pricing. Dealers make a margin in order to cover the cost of servicing the customer on a personal level. Purchasing through a dealer only adds value to the buying experience and does not cost anything more.

If you are going to have a website to sell your product you really should have someone available by telephone to answer questions-politely.

I was looking for some upgrade fuel pumps which you list on your site on sale for $100. Problem is there are three or four different versions listed. I looked and looked for a phone number to call to no avail. I decided to email and ask which pumps would fit my hanger. Pretty simple right? Well, two days and four emails later I will say that I will NEVER purchase ANY of your products.

It's a shame because it looks like you make some good products but your attitude and customer service is awful.

You would benefit greatly from staying out in the shop and hiring someone more customer-friendly to answer emails and an actual phone.

Racetronix responded next day to my email. I received a package from them the full sending unit with pump the only issue was UPS decided to play kick ball with the package, seriously there was a hole big enough to fit my hand in. Well as said Racetronix responded to my email I sent with pics and they said if it was damaged and didn't work to let them know. Fortunately the unit received no physical damage and is currently powering my car.

Racetronix responded next day to my email. I received a package from them the full sending unit with pump the only issue was UPS decided to play kick ball with the package, seriously there was a hole big enough to fit my hand in. Well as said Racetronix responded to my email I sent with pics and they said if it was damaged and didn't work to let them know. Fortunately the unit received no physical damage and is currently powering my car.

That's funny cause that's exactly how I received my pump and hanger. It worked fine so I never bothered contacting racetronix. I made another racetronix purchase through fullthrottlespeed and fullthrottlespeeds customer service was awesome. Even called when i wasn't able to sign for the package after only 1 day.

That's funny cause that's exactly how I received my pump and hanger. It worked fine so I never bothered contacting racetronix. I made another racetronix purchase through fullthrottlespeed and fullthrottlespeeds customer service was awesome. Even called when i wasn't able to sign for the package after only 1 day.

Thank you for the feedback. We are addressing this problem with UPS now and making changes to the packaging. Some UPS employees should be signed with the NFL. :D

NFL? More like part of the Cobra Kai dojo. My package looked like it got the five finger death punch.
image.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.