Racetronix...WTF

Vendors like Don Cruz don't have a forum.

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

It really sucks because they have great products and at one time I could get on and view their instructions etc. Because somebody raised hell about them not offering phone support now they blackball us completely. Really sucks that those of us that want to continue using their products and are willing to accept "electronic" support pay the price because of others acting like jerks. I am irritated I can't get instructions for racetronix stuff but I guess I should take it up with Don Cruz. I already asked him for a copy of the instructions and he said he couldn't get them. Maybe I'll press harder

No trees were harmed in the sending of this message, however, a significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

if they are not supporting the products, why they selling them? there are 22 items for sale if you search turbo Buick and more if you search Buick

They are not selling them directly. Its on the website but you cannot buy them

I really don't get any of this, they are a paying vendor on this forum

From Racetronix:

We have not provided direct support for TB product for the past two years.
We had too much aggravation on the TB forum about our support here and for not having phone support.
All product sales and support is via our TB dealers only!
All customers should be advised of this before they make their purchase.
If and when the climate changes on TB forum we may reconsider our position

So.. there it is. :unsure:

Rick

From Racetronix:

We had too much aggravation on the TB forum about our support here and for not having phone support.

Rick

Well dang, guess I miss the boat somewhere along the way. Hate that this is the case.

Bought my first TR in 2000, bought my first Corvette in 2001. TR owners can be the cheapest sob's of any car make, because they know enough to make the part, but too cheap to want to buy it new from someone that invested in the time to make and distribute it. Racetronix overnighted me a new injector harness back in the day before I drove my 10 sec T 880 miles to BG. I thought their service and quality of parts was awesome. YMMV.

From Racetronix:

Rick
With an attitude like that....I will not ever consider buying anything from Racetronix. Thanks Rick for letting us know about their position on supporting the products they make. I put them in the same sinking boat as GBody Parts. BTW... climate change is "real", ducking responsibility is "real lame".

I love the product that I received, I was just expecting some literature in the box with some install information. If they aren't going to support it, the vendors should at least get together and create an install guide. I have mine almost figured out, but they changed to a new filter style and that is a pain to mount. I'm still working on this issue. Everything else seems good to go.

So if i buy a fuel regulator on the site and the transaction goes through.do we want to put a wager on this?

Care to put a wager on that?

I see their side but there should be some kind of directions. They have great products IMHO.

So if i buy a fuel regulator on the site and the transaction goes through.do we want to put a wager on this?

Care to put a wager on that?
I see your point and agree. At a minimum I think they should allow us to access the forum for instructions, or make the instructions available off the forum. Their electronic support and documentation is great. No vendor that I know of hosts a support forum for RT products with as much knowledge base and pdfs, etc as they have on their forum. Hopefully RT will get the message that not all of us have a problem with their support style. The other vehicle makes and models make out fine with them. Why does the Buick crowd feel as through they are special?

Hopefully RT will re-evaluate this situation. I can only imagine sales would increase if people could see instructions, help, etc.

With an attitude like that....I will not ever consider buying anything from Racetronix. Thanks Rick for letting us know about their position on supporting the products they make. I put them in the same sinking boat as GBody Parts. BTW... climate change is "real", ducking responsibility is "real lame".
Good luck finding an alternative to certain things.

Like a double pumper with a digital sender for instance.

I don't blame them. They wanted to offer electronic support because they can't pick up the phone all day long which I understand 100% and seems to work fine for the other make / model cars they deal with. Some people here told them that wasn't good enough and told them they should leave. They did. And I'm sure they are not financially hurting from the decision.

I don't blame them. They wanted to offer electronic support because they can't pick up the phone all day long which I understand 100% and seems to work fine for the other make / model cars they deal with. Some people here told them that wasn't good enough and told them they should leave. They did. And I'm sure they are not financially hurting from the decision.

I think thats what started the shit storm with them. They had a bunch of problems with fuel senders and it escalated from there. Do a search on here. It was a mess. They had no customer support at all

I think thats what started the shit storm with them. They had a bunch of problems with fuel senders and it escalated from there. Do a search on here. It was a mess. They had no customer support at all
I was here. I saw it. I don't need to do a search. Our people acted like children.

I was here. I saw it. I don't need to do a search. Our people acted like children.

I saw it too. It was bad, and racetronix wasn't even at fault. I don't blame them one bit.

You can quote me all you want... I don't need Racetronix. That's why I don't support Mark @ TR Custom parts or Brian @ GBody Parts. They don't even provide a phone number for their customers. I do support Nick @ Arizona GN, Scott @ GNS Performance, David @ Turbo Buick Performance, Cal @ Hartline, etc. These guys know how to run, and grow a business. It's always about customer service. A company that does not provide that service, does not earn my dollar. Fortunately for me, and my beliefs, I had removed the Racetronix injectors that came on my car, and replaced them. I have since removed the TR Custom Parts exhaust, that I purchased, due to poor fit, missing parts, and lackluster customer service through endless emails. It is unfortunate that Board members here acted in a negative manner, but people work hard for the money to buy parts, and expect the best for their dollar. If you cant answer the phone all day, then you hire someone to do it for you. That's what a customer-based business would do. That's my opinion, and it may not be shared by all.

You didn't answer my question. Find me a double pumper with a digital sender.....

You can't complain about RT quality. Its good. Wire harnesses are good, pumps are good, hangars are good, etc. So you won't support them because they have no phone support. Ok. Your point is made and you kept it at least civil. But the way RT was treated 2 years ago because of their position was not civil.

Having been self employed at one time I understand the issue completely. You cannot expect a 1-2 man show to answer the phone and spend all day answering stupid questions every newb has about how to diagnose a fuel sender issue when it can be posted in a VERY detailed online post including pictures for all to see saving significant time. If your problem isn't important enough for you to take 5 minutes to post online and wait for their response then it must not be that important to you.

As you stated you have the option to shop elsewhere. You can do so without the shit talking and mud slinging that was done to them.

My motto is don't be a part of the problem be a part of the solution.

I have installed the double pump kit, if there's anything I can do to assist I will.

That what this board is for right?

When I'm trying to get information I hate reading through numerous post only to not find my solution.

This is a feedback thread. I get it.

Hundreds of these items have sold.
My kit was in the shelf for a year before I installed it. I went to look for instructions and I though I had lost them. If it weren't for the network of people I have met in this board I would be lost. Some one here has probably ran into the same issue.

If they are in fact that terrible just don't spend the money with them. They will feel it or maybe they won't if the profit wasn't there to begin with.