Racetronix or Cruz fuel lines?

OConnor

I'm looking for any pros/cons on the Racetronix vs Cruz fuel line kits. Not a debate or bash anyone thread just trying to find out if either have a better fit or finish and comparison of fuel filters etc..

I have purchased products from both I can’t say with way I would go.
But I’m thinking of upgrading or changing my lines in the future.
I’ll be watching this one closely, and the best way not to miss something is posting and getting the notification.
I don’t make enough power for the up grade but those look a lot easier to install than a new set of SS lines and the OE hose to the rails is looking pretty bad.

I'm looking for any pros/cons on the Racetronix vs Cruz fuel line kits. Not a debate or bash anyone thread just trying to find out if either have a better fit or finish and comparison of fuel filters etc..
I have Racetronix on my car. Awesome fit.

I installed one of the first Racetronix SS fuel line kits on my Turbo T. The finish of the mating surface of the SS fittings preinstalled on the lines in this kit was much rougher than the AN fittings I use daily in the pharmaceutical industry. These Racetronix fittings leaked and leaked and leaked. The lines did fit great, however.

I installed one of the first Racetronix SS fuel line kits on my Turbo T. The finish of the mating surface of the SS fittings preinstalled on the lines in this kit was much rougher than the AN fittings I use daily in the pharmaceutical industry. These Racetronix fittings leaked and leaked and leaked. The lines did fit great, however.
Which fittings leaked?

These Racetronix fittings leaked and leaked and leaked. The lines did fit great, however.
I have an early kit also , installed in 2015 . I had zero leaks with mine but I wish there was better installation instructions ( there were none ) . I had to go to a thread posted on here for routing instructions . It would have been a real pain figuring it out if I didn't have a lift , but since then it's been perfect . No leaks anywhere even after engine swaps and changing to an external pump & fuel cell which required lengthening lines with adapters . I'm sure the Cruz kit has all the bugs worked out and is just as good or better .

I have an early kit also , installed in 2015 . I had zero leaks with mine but I wish there was better installation instructions ( there were none ) . I had to go to a thread posted on here for routing instructions . It would have been a real pain figuring it out if I didn't have a lift , but since then it's been perfect . No leaks anywhere even after engine swaps and changing to an external pump & fuel cell which required lengthening lines with adapters . I'm sure the Cruz kit has all the bugs worked out and is just as good or better .
Thanks!

The -8 JIC/AN feed line from the fuel pump, and -8 to fuel rail, and the -8 to fuel filter all leaked.
What fuel filter did your kit come with ? Mine had the Fram HPG-1 canister type filter .

Fram:
The HPG1/HPGC1 fuel filters are NOT acceptable for use with nitromethane or any gasoline containing more than 10% alcohol including Ethanol and Methanol.

Fram:
The HPG1/HPGC1 fuel filters are NOT acceptable for use with nitromethane or any gasoline containing more than 10% alcohol including Ethanol and Methanol.
Chuck I replaced the filter with a Wix cartridge which is good for E85 , I called Wix and talked to the tech's there . Wix # 33900R
I've been using it 2015 with no problems .

What fuel filter did your kit come with ? Mine had the Fram HPG-1 canister type filter .
It was the original HPG-1. Actually, it did not leak until the filter was changed. Each fitting stopped leaking after many attempts to gorilla tighten, all the tighter, which is an absolute no, no. Again, the machined surfaces of the Racetronix fitttings were much rougher than the Parker fittings I used for 25 years in the pharmaceutical industry. The Parker fittings were hand tightened, then very lightly snugged up. I would guess that Racetronix now has a different vender for their fittings. This is not to bash Racetronix. Instead, I have relied on Racetronix for many high quality products.

I've encountered leaks with various AN fittings. Not all from the same mfgr.
We have tools made by Koul Tool to polish the contact surfaces. This usually works. If not, I have these little gems.
They come in handy for situations that already have the system in place.
Here's a line up of his tools. We also use the hose assy vise. Works GREAT!
Possibly not the best investment for most folks that don't do this work on a repeat basis.
But the "trik of the month tool" is always a way to lure your friend over! :LOL:

I have the Cruz kit including fuel rails and dual feed setup. Fit is fine, lines are crimpled and I had zero leaks. No real instructions but it's not that difficult to route.