Race Fuel??? What Do I Need?

canukhemi

RACE FUEL ?????????? WHAT DO I NEED ??? I'LL BE RUNNING 22-25 LBS OF BOOST. I guess that i need unleaded something around 100 oct. so i don't hurt my o2 sensor? where can i buy it in Detroit area? and what is it per gallon. I also have a Alky system for insurance. Thanks DT :confused:

Do you still have a cat on the car? If not, dont worry about getting leaded fuel. Get some C-16 and have fun.

C-16 is the only way to go with more boost! It is hard on the sensor but depends how old it is on how long it will last with c-16.

yep, trust the brethren...
I bought some C12 this week...it's OK for playin'...but C16 is what you need when you're ready to go all out. Now if you would say 25 psi max...C12 would prolly get you there.

maple and rochester rd.

There is a speedway on the corner. They sell 100 octane unleaded. However, the nozzle will not fit into your tank and they have an extremely short filler hose. I would take 5 gallon cans. The price last tuesday was 5.39 a gallon. I am going to try the torco accelerator additive. If you mix it with 10 gallons of 93 it will give you 104 unleaded racing fuel. Add 1.50 per gallon to the price of the 93.

If you run 116 leaded race fuel say once or twice (5 or 6 gallons) mixed with some 93 octane would the o2 sensor be ok?

RobS said:
There is a speedway on the corner. They sell 100 octane unleaded. However, the nozzle will not fit into your tank and they have an extremely short filler hose. I would take 5 gallon cans. The price last tuesday was 5.39 a gallon. I am going to try the torco accelerator additive. If you mix it with 10 gallons of 93 it will give you 104 unleaded racing fuel. Add 1.50 per gallon to the price of the 93.

What is torco accelerator additive.

canukhemi said:
RACE FUEL ?????????? WHAT DO I NEED ??? I'LL BE RUNNING 22-25 LBS OF BOOST. I guess that i need unleaded something around 100 oct. so i don't hurt my o2 sensor? where can i buy it in Detroit area? and what is it per gallon. I also have a Alky system for insurance. Thanks DT :confused:

22-25 on alky is a joke. If you have sufficient.

And the C16 wont make up for a bad tune. And running C16 on low boost or low timing when not needed slows the car down. Since it burns slower.

Octane should be added as knock activity is seen. With that said, start at 18 PSI and work your way up.. if you pickup any knock.. make decisions.. whether it be needs fuel, needs octane, etc..

Live on the Edge

I go 30 PSI (TE45A) @ 25.5 for timing all day long with the Dual nozzle Razors kit. Only lost the HG once... I blew about 3 lines off including the FP regulator.. obviously did not lift quickly enough :eek: