Quick question about the power master

blipmode188

My power master pump runs each and every time I push the brake pedal.
It will run 4 to 6 seconds then stop. Press the pedal one time it kicks on again.

Im guessing that accumulator ball is bad but not sure.

Where do you get those ?

I have all of the stuff to convert to vacuum but it may be too big of a job for me right now.

Thanks Steve

A bad accumulator would be the most common culprit for short cycling but it could also be an internal leak, leaking check valve, or bad switch. Should you decide to try a new accumulator, Kirban has them. A new one will cost about $200. If you already have the parts for a conversion I might consider putting that $200 towards a swap. That way you won't get caught throwing good money after bad.

A bad accumulator would be the most common culprit for short cycling but it could also be an internal leak, leaking check valve, or bad switch. Should you decide to try a new accumulator, Kirban has them. A new one will cost about $200. If you already have the parts for a conversion I might consider putting that $200 towards a swap. That way you won't get caught throwing good money after bad.
Thanks for the input. I think i will just take it somewhere and have it replaced with vacuum.
I'm sick of that thing acting up.
Steve

I'm in the same situation, pump is cycling and brake light is popping on and off. It is the accumulator once again. This is my 4th one since 1988, not too bad. But at $200 a pop it's hard to justify not swapping to vacuum. Guess I have another project over the winter.

Thanks for the input. I think i will just take it somewhere and have it replaced with vacuum.
I'm sick of that thing acting up.
Steve
Probably your best bet. Until then, I'd avoid driving it. Good luck.

I'm in the same situation, pump is cycling and brake light is popping on and off. It is the accumulator once again. This is my 4th one since 1988, not too bad. But at $200 a pop it's hard to justify not swapping to vacuum. Guess I have another project over the winter.
For what its worth I think the new accumulators that Kirban sells have yet to have a failure.