Quick question about Stageright cutting.....

flowerpower

I got the kit in and yesterday and today was going to cut the shifter gear slect bracket....but my button isnt working ....to shift change gears anything no button pushing....so no need to cut right?

If I were you, I'd endeavor to determine what parts are required to get your shifter working properly, as it's designed before installing that particular trans brake!!!!!!!!!!
The one thing you DONT need is for it to be really easy to pull the shifter into 1st gear without having to use the button!!!!! Can you spell catastrophy!!!!!

Stage Right brake should have come with the proper gate. Why the cutting?

I gust looked the instructions over what the cut out does is when you stage to the 2nd light and pull the shifter back to 1st gear "transbrake on"....when ready to go push the shifter forwerd and becouse the cut out the shifter now goes and stops on D3.....

I've got a kit you can get off Ebay for the button its got everything but a rod like thing in the handle that pushes the outher rod down in the shaft of the shifter "thats still there"

So the only thing it wonlt do is stop at D3... I'll cut it and go to the junk yard or dealer this weekend and get the piece I need....

I can still run to night...I've been shifting it like this "no button" for eight years...