Question on How Much You Driver Your Turbo Regals

jjlilly16

Hey all,
Really happy with all the input and answers I see on the board here and in my own interactions. I was wondering if you have the time, can you write a small comment on how much you drive your Turbo Buicks? I guess the serious racer types won't drive them much, but I was interested in the overall usage level of the cars. Anyone drive theirs daily? Anyone drive theirs in the winter? Just curious.
(noticed the typo in the title LOL)
Thanks!

I drive my car 6k+ miles per year, put over 100 on it just yesterday and today since the weather was nice... Last time to 1/4 mile went 9.85 @138.. Drives like a stock one

Mine is a summer, nice weather car. I don't think I put more than 500 miles on it last summer.

I used to travel a lot for work and had a great place to park so 10k+ miles per year, but last year it was closer to 4k as I'm running my own business now. I think I can get back to 10k per year though when I get this thing off the ground. I still try to get 30+ passes per year in every year. I've put 70k miles on my car in the eight years I've owned it. It's a personal goal to one day have 300k miles on it. I even bought a speedo with the 6th digit to document the whole thing.

Well, got my car in Sept. 87 had almost 4k on it , got transfer overseas in Jan. 88, got back to the states in 2007. Have put 8 k on it since I've been home. It has 12.2 k miles now

I put over 1000miles on mine a year. Drive it to work on nice days, and to the local cruise ins. 8 sec street car.

Maybe only a few hundred miles per year...
I think I've put 3k on my gn from 2005-2014...:cry:

I drive mine as often as i can…. generally it never sees the rain, except for the HotRod PowerTour, and it gets put up at the first snow [salt/brine treatment] and comes back out after the first [or 2nd] heavy rain - to wash all the crap off the roads…..

aaron

Purchased mine new; did 30K per year as my business transportation. Another job came along that included a company car, so it transitioned into more of a weekend fun ride. In stock trim, it never let me down with mechanical issues.
I now drive it probably 1000 to 1200 miles per year. It has 160K on the clock and I drove every damn one of them!

I have put 28k miles on my car since I bought in June 2011. So three years coming this June, and I haven't had it on the road since early September. I take it off the road for the salty, winter months and drive it rain and shine during the summer and spring. It's my daily driver! Love every minute of it.

I have put 28k miles on my car since I bought in June 2011. So three years coming this June, and I haven't had it on the road since early September. I take it off the road for the salty, winter months and drive it rain and shine during the summer and spring. It's my daily driver! Love every minute of it.
Grappling with garage issues (long story) so it may well be when I buy a GN it's going to be the daily driver.

Im hoping to drive mine.....LOL
Bought it in May of 2007 with 43k, still has 43 k ! Have been through more than my share of BS with this car !!
New engine, fresh tranny, ready to start tuning after the nasty weather clears. Probably see about 1000 miles a year tops though. I have a company vehicle so mine will get driven nights and weekends

Bryan

Sore subject for me. I've driven mine 2,874 miles in the 5 yrs I've owned this car. I know its no way to enjoy such a great car and I'd like to drive it more but I can't bring myself to do it. It's never been driven in the rain and still wears very, very nice original paint. Every new paint chip I get when I do drive it, just absolutely kills me. It's silly and stupid, I know, as this is not an "ultra low mile investment type" car but I just can't bring myself to do it. I've often thought of selling just so I can buy another that I won't feel bad driving more often. My wife thinks I have OCD issues when it comes to this car. Hate to admit it but she's right :cry::(

Bought my car in April of 2009 with 75,000 miles on it and it now sits at 92,000. Don't drive it in the rain except during the power tour and it goes into hibernation around the first week of November. I don't bring it back out until a good rain washes off the roads. I work a four on four off rotation and I drive it every opportunity that I get during the summer. A couple times a year I drive it to work. I am dying for this winter to be over just to get the car out.

13K or so a year all weather luckily it's a small State. :p

If I need to go somewhere it's in a Turbo Buick. :cool:

Approx 500 miles per year when the weather is warm and the roads are dry. Too many non driving drivers on the roads around here to risk driving more. Just driving around the block , you are taking your life in your hands,these people cannot drive.

Had the gn for 10 years and put about 11k on it in that time. Mostly sunday drives/TFW gatherings.

Just got a T type put together in the fall that will be my only car in the summertime. Can't bring myself to make it a winter beater but it's going everywhere I go between the salts.

Drive mine everyday, but there is no snow where I'm at and when it rains I don't drive it if my truck is available. It only has a couple of performance mods and never been to the track.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app