Question about leather

EatMyRubber

My 87 GN has leather seats that look like the cloth ones in that the headrest and color is black/grey with the Turbo 6 symbol The driver's seat has a tear in it. The passenger seat and rear seats are like new.

Is there a reputable replacement cover for this? Is it worth it to have a repair made? The tear is from the outboard edge seam.

I also have to wonder what leather even means in this car. My dad (passed recently) bought it new while I was in the Navy and to my knowledge it was delivered with leather. Was this common or did he have to order it?

I ask because it is the only GN that I have ever seen with leather. Not that I have seen many actual 87 GNs, but those few have all been cloth.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Not factory....post up a picture so we can see the repair in question.

Bryan

uploadfromtaptalk1395796850888.jpg

I guess there are 2 tears. It's a shame that it got that way when the others are in such good condition. Hopefully something can be done that doesn't look too far off.

Yes.. they look just like the first pic but in leather. I love that work! I will be talking to you very soon. I love that racing style one.