question about fuel ethanol vs non ethanol

derick's gn

in my area we have several gas stations that sell ethanol free gas.
would it benefit me to use it in the gn? it would still be 93 ocatane.
or does the enthanol lower cylinder temps to help prevent detonation?
as does the alcohol kits do.

thanks
tom

Everytime we have used "the up to 10%" ethanol added fuel, we would get knock(at 20-22psi boost). So now, we get ONLY non-added ethanol......But maybe it is just our car.

the record setting TAI legal 93 and alky pass (9.62@143) was done at atco NJ on 93 octane fuel he had in the tank from runing the TAI class in reynolds GA , it was done on citgo 93 and my guess would be that wasnt the 10%(or more) E-blended stuff weve been getting in our pumps here in NJ ,

theres no doubt that the 10% ethanol blended needs about 7% more fuel for the same HP as the old non blended 93, and ethanol doesnt completely blend with petrol , it seperates faster and absorbs moisture

nj has a ban on the use of MTBE so i doubt we'll ever see non blended again

the record setting TAI legal 93 and alky pass (9.62@143) was done at atco NJ on 93 octane fuel he had in the tank from runing the TAI class in reynolds GA , it was done on citgo 93 and my guess would be that wasnt the 10%(or more) E-blended stuff weve been getting in our pumps here in NJ ,

theres no doubt that the 10% ethanol blended needs about 7% more fuel for the same HP as the old non blended 93, and ethanol doesnt completely blend with petrol , it seperates faster and absorbs moisture

nj has a ban on the use of MTBE so i doubt we'll ever see non blended again

We didnot add the 7% more fuel :eek: ....now I know why we were getting knock.

another issue is with seperation some ethanol blended fuel has been found to vary both up and down by others on the net claiming its difficult to tune with recommending the non ethanol whe available
, more ethanol would need an increase in fuel volume for same hp , less ethanol would be richer but a lower octane fuel