Question about Boost Juice

Finally. I have been trying to find anyone from my dad's old group. I have never known these guys by their true names, they either call each other by their last names or nicknames. He (Terry) found me instead, to find out what I am doing with the car. That if I ever wanted to sell it that one of his friends or he would gladly give me more than a fair deal for the car. These guys are all in Portland, OR. I am in WA. Someone must be looking out for me, because it was going on today and Terry talked to me at 9:45 last night.

He (Terry) told me not to install the kit as is. That they got a deal on a bunch of Snow kits and dad took one. They are using parts from it, but they modify the pump to accept a different fitting and lines. They also use a different reservoir setup. He told me that they will set it up to respond to failure properly because all pumps are a potential failure. He said they will test the pump before modification because they have seen signs of trouble and that it won't be returnable when he is done with it.

One thing he said is that boost juice is just lazy but it works and to never mix anything different with meth. If it ran meth to start, to stay with it and don't change things. Im positive you guys already know this, but Snow advertises the ability to use other products. Your kit was mentioned as the best way to go as a package Razor. Specifically for a TB. I guess these guys were building their own stuff for a while! Homemade alky injection. LOL.

You were right about the 108R chip, it was a copy that was modified to dad's exact setup. Not original firmware. He said the TurboTweak chip is fine, but that they will burn another after he installs the system with dyno use. He had some other ideas for that too that involve more money, but easier tuning ability.

This is just the beginning I suppose. So NOW I get to find out about all that TB stuff I don't know, which according to Terry is a lot. :) (as I have been told)

There is a stock 4.1 sitting there in his shop that belonged to my dad. I even offered to donate it to him for helping me out. He wouldn't take it, but told me if I promised to give him computer help that we can call it a fair trade. The dyno access alone will be worth it.

The adventure begins. Updates to come.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Sounds like you're in good hands. Good luck with your Dad's car.

Bet NSA picked up on this post.:)

LMAO. I was thinking something similar. I saw a license plate on a Mustang that referenced it before and didn't even realize what it actually meant. The PoPo must love that one.

Better than a plate I saw that said irunmeth lol not a good idea especially since were only a hour away from Mexico lol

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Oh My God.

I went ahead and pumped the fuel into a can and put 10 gallons of 116 in the GN. Used the chip that my dad's friend told me to use and ran 23lbs.

At 14lbs the car would get squirrelly at the shift and basically do a roller with little effort. I guess I don't have to explain it to you guys, but now just easing into the pedal is downright insane.

If I can get anything remotely close to that with 91+meth I am going to be very satisfied. Ridiculous. You guys must be crazy. The difference between this GN and my 12 second car (have run 11.8 before naturally aspirated) is substantial. I read you guys talking about 9s like it is an everyday thing and now I see why.

JHC. How in the hell do you guys keep tires on these things? This also explains the massive buildup of rubber under the rear. I think the old man left it as a symbol or accomplishment. Like a Tattoo or something.

Is there anything done with the suspension. Some upgrades there might help you in putting more power to the ground. Or at least sticking it there. What kind of tires are on it. I don't see why you couldn't getvthe same response with methanol. :)

Is there anything done with the suspension. Some upgrades there might help you in putting more power to the ground. Or at least sticking it there. What kind of tires are on it. I don't see why you couldn't getvthe same response with methanol. :)

Hahahahaha! It has some old Firestone FireHawks on it for regular driving. They are staggered. Probably hard as a rock. They don't look old but I know they are. I am talking maybe bought in 99?? Whatever they are, they are gonna be toast if I keep driving this thing. And I plan to. :) Those will be changed.

After I find the top of this setup I get from Terry and get my skills honed in, I'm positive that I will be working with Julio and the Alky Control stuff. At least try it down the road.

Im sure my dad's friends know what they are doing, but they are stubborn old men and like to do things their way and only their way. The dyno time will be good and frankly I have never tuned any car to its best without one.

The rear of the car has some old school upgrades, like some super beefy arms and also has airbags. I am positive that there are many more upgrades available to the rear from my dad's racing days.

Within a day I have decided that I am going to race this car. I wasn't going to, but even one of his friends is telling me he wanted me to do it. After all, he is the one that got me into this in the first place when I was a kid. So goodbye 89 Windsor powered Fox body. I am going to need the money.
Im in love with the throttle of this car.

Oh boy everyone look out, hes caught the Buick torque disease lol

Good to hear about the control arms and air bags. I'd check out hnrpartsandstuff they got a lot of the best suspension upgrades.

Get some tires! Lol some 275/60-15 Nitto nt555r will fit you nice for street. Or the mickey Thompson dot drag radials

Clinton

Oh boy everyone look out, hes caught the Buick torque disease lol

Good to hear about the control arms and air bags. I'd check out hnrpartsandstuff they got a lot of the best suspension upgrades.

Get some tires! Lol some 275/60-15 Nitto nt555r will fit you nice for street. Or the mickey Thompson dot drag radials

Clinton

I have indeed caught the disease. Which usually means dollar signs, but I keep finding out that the car has a lot of the things that are being recommended. There are many things I can do, but I suppose I really need to know everything the car already has. My dad's friend has been very helpful, but his memory isn't the best either. He didn't think it had rollers, but when I replaced the driver's side valve cover gasket they were there.

So the guys running the AlkyControl setup with straight meth; do you find it fairly easy to find? Average price?
I suppose Terry already knows, but I read the Snow kit works off the MAF and dad's car has the LS1 MAF with the tuner attached. I still have the stock one (one of the few things labeled) does that make a difference to the Snow kit? I don't have any idea what my dad's friend is going to be doing yet, so I imagine all that will get answered in 2 weeks.

Yeah, the torque... Unbelievable.

Cool story. In remembrance.

It is totally about that. The guy was the kind of guy that put a cam in my grandpa's 66 Buick Wildcat w/455 when I was 8 years old. It was then he first explained to me the 4 cycle engine and how the entire valve train works in terms I could understand. When I was 13, he showed me how to build a S/B Chevy x2.

At 14 he gave me a Ford 352 (FE) and had me build the entire thing. He had me take it apart a little at a time and put it back together fully on each step until there wasn't anymore to take apart. Then he showed me how to grind valves (intake of 352 is 30 degrees btw when most were 45) and valve springs, the old man claimed that the first thing you do to any Chevy s/b was upgrade the springs, he truly hated those factory ones.

He was the kind of guy that loved power. I was the one who read the article in a 1984 car magazine that covered the first "black" GN for 85. I showed it to him and laughed that these guys were claiming the V6 could make big HP. He told me that the 6 could do it if it was set up right and that I shouldn't laugh. Well, despite being a Corvette freak when I came home in 89 from the Navy he had the 87 GN in his garage. He actually bought one. Even funnier, I owned a Cleveland powered Mach 1 that he had no problem with me driving, but he wouldn't even let me drive the GN with him in the car. I knew then that the GN was a true beast.

So he deserves a shot at his plan. :) I am just glad that I have help with it and didn't Cowboy that injection kit on my own.

Caution on the old MAF. If your Dad took if off and replaced it with a MAF translator and an LS1 MAF it was probably failing. A failing MAF is nearly as frustrating as a dead one. I would not want to base my alky injection on a part that is failing, especially one that will have the potential to do major damage with detonation.
You can get alky at the track.

Baxter's has methanol available 5 gallon jug for about 37 for their brand and 50 for m1. They always have it in the delta park store by PIR

Last edited:
I have indeed caught the disease. Which usually means dollar signs, but I keep finding out that the car has a lot of the things that are being recommended. There are many things I can do, but I suppose I really need to know everything the car already has. My dad's friend has been very helpful, but his memory isn't the best either. He didn't think it had rollers, but when I replaced the driver's side valve cover gasket they were there.

So the guys running the AlkyControl setup with straight meth; do you find it fairly easy to find? Average price?
I suppose Terry already knows, but I read the Snow kit works off the MAF and dad's car has the LS1 MAF with the tuner attached. I still have the stock one (one of the few things labeled) does that make a difference to the Snow kit? I don't have any idea what my dad's friend is going to be doing yet, so I imagine all that will get answered in 2 weeks.

Yeah, the torque... Unbelievable.

Plenty of places to buy methanol in OKC. Last price I paid was $2.90 a gallon.

It is totally about that. . . .
I totally get that. Best of luck with it. Something to cherish for sure.

Sometimes hard for some to understand that not everyone wants a 9, 10 or even an 11 second car. :rolleyes: lol

Baxter's has methanol available 5 gallon jug for about 37 for their brand and 50 for m1. They always have it in the delta park store by PIR

Baxter's.... That is perfect. I grew up in PDX so I know the store well. That's awesome.

Dang.. Delta Park. Broke both my wrists coming up short at the dirtbike track there in 1983. To this day one hand is scarred forever.

Last edited:
I totally get that. Best of luck with it. Something to cherish for sure.

Sometimes hard for some to understand that not everyone wants a 9, 10 or even an 11 second car. :rolleyes: lol

No... they don't, not always. Or they THINK they have a 10 second care because it has a V-TEC and tailpipe, but when they get a ride in a real one they are scared to death.

If that was what it was about, I wouldn't be doing anything at all. I would run his chip and race gas all the time. There is an appeal to that. I do have easy access to race gas, so there is that. Pretty spendy if you drive it too much.

Caution on the old MAF. If your Dad took if off and replaced it with a MAF translator and an LS1 MAF it was probably failing. A failing MAF is nearly as frustrating as a dead one. I would not want to base my alky injection on a part that is failing, especially one that will have the potential to do major damage with detonation.
You can get alky at the track.

It wasn't failing, I do know this for a fact. I am just wondering how the LS1 with translator behaves with MAF based injection. Is it going to spit fire out the filter? :)

It wasn't failing, I do know this for a fact. I am just wondering how the LS1 with translator behaves with MAF based injection. Is it going to spit fire out the filter? :)

TT speed density chip cured that problem for me and sale of the MAF and Translator more than paid for the new chip.

Many theories on where the injection point should be for alky or methanol. Mine is injected a couple of inches before the throttle body and sprayed through a single, 15lb misting nozzle.