question about a car i might buy?

A

ah64dwolf

a guy in my local area is selling an 87 grand national it has the following mods
87 GN super slick black paint..painted at a new car dealership in a oven booth..my interior is in great shape & everything works great on it..underneath is as clean as everywhere else with no patchwork or rust ever...fenderwells are like new unlike most..this car has been in a garage most of its life..new tires
on stock wheels & has @87k miles on it..hard to find one as slick as this
one &
mine has some mods already done to it & I still have all the original
pieces
also..The car has 50lb. injectors....2 JL chips(110 & 93
octane)scanmaster,power plate,V-2 Front mount,PTE-51 turbo,Terry
Houston
Down Pipe,2.5 inch mandrel bent exhaust with dynomax
ultraflows,airbag,pinion snubber,walbro 340 pump,adj.regulator,fuel
pump
hotwire,boost guage on inside windshield post..air blows cold as ice &
runs
7.60's@92.5 on 110 chip & 7.77@89.5 on 93 chip..very strong car & all
factory weight including the spare..ill take $13,500 firm for mine if
your
interested

that was pasted from his email what do you guys think is it worth 13,500. i havent seen the car as of yet but i am very interested in it. do you guys know of any internet banks, credit unions that specialize in muscle cars or classic cars let me know also how fast is 7.7 in the 8th mile equate to in the 1/4. thanks for all the help and i hope to soon be a car holding member of turbo buick.coml laters wolf

7.7's in the 1/8 are low 12's in the 1/4. 7.60@92 is very close to the 11's, but probably a 12.0.

It sound like a nice car. 87K miles isn't really a lot, but lower mile cars have sold for less. I paid $13.5 for my 24K mile '86 GN a few years ago.

That soulds like "national's" car. He has done a lot of work on it and the parts he put on it aren't cheap. As it sits it should be cabable of mid 11's@115+ if not faster with tuning.

Hope this helps,

still looking for help

let me hear from more of you. wolf

could some one give me some insight

could someone else give me their insight on this car? wolf

sounds like a pretty nice car. If the car is as clean as he says, and the car is as fast as he claims, I would say it is probably a fair price. Not to say you shouldn't try and haggle a little bit.;)

I would pass at that price. IMHO, I'd rather have a lower mileage car closer to stock. Got my car completely stock (cept for tires, battery and powermaster recall) for 12k and it had 39k. miles.

I would try to haggle closer to 10-11k.

Good luck.