Queens NY, Franny Lew G-Bodies...

Street Lethal

Tech Anarchist
... do any of my fellow Queens NY natives remember? :)

We hung out during the 90's though, this was a little earlier.

I remember seeing this vid a while back. Man I always loved the twotone TRs! My regular, like every night, hang out was the Pyke (Hempstead Tpke) in Levittown and ventured out to Franny Lew once but didn't get any races with my TR....didn't even see any hot rods at all. Eh, probably cause I didn't know where the spots were.

The late 80s into the mid 90s were the shit!!! If we weren't racing we were out clubin it up. Haha

this trailer has been around for a bit now the two third gens in there belong to a couple guys form a club i belong to NYTHIRDGEN.. i used to cruise the bully in the early 2000's. i wish it was like that awesome cars great times..

Time warp cruise started at Astoria Pk then blow on the highway to Franny Lew couldn't race there cops were all over it then too street races at Fountain Ave and 150th Conduit for the money races though in Bklyn but a hotspot back at that time the lates 80's early 90's good times. I was Rocking a fox body 88 T-top Mustang GT those days.

I'm a member on NYThirdgen.com too, but I never seem to be able to make the meets, work gets too freaking demanding. Yeah, Franny Lew was awesome. Maybe some of you guys remember that blonde chick with the Ferrari, she had the custom written words on the back of the car which said "If you beat me you can eat me", and everyone was constantly chasing her lol. We used to meet up when Juniper Park was PACKED, then make the trip to Franny Lew, pick up Prep girls, bring the girls back to Juniper Park, bullshit a little, then hit the clubs on Queens Blvd, or out to Hempstead Turnpike. Seemed like time just freaking stopped for us back then and one night lasted forever. It was a really great time...

yea ever since getting on the job couldnt make anymore meets. good group of guys. i used to go to astoria park if we got kicked off franny lew. i was part of the cleaners crew across from holy cros HS always beefin with the deli bizz crew. great times

Astoria was awesome, that view with the bridge lit up at night with car after car lined was a great time. We were all over Queens back then, Spaghetti Park in Corona, Juniper Park in Middle Village, Forest Park in Glendale, Long Island had the best clubs though...

yea I remember those days very well see that video about a year ago skanky was I good friend off mine we used to race our Suzuki gsxr at jhones beach prep on frannie lew etc .I was there when that jerk off poor the oil on that turn after the cleaners and it was a guy not a girl that poor the oil, it was a white convertible mustang gt racing a Honda hurricane 600 I wa hanging ot with my bike at that turn across from the bank they came flying around that turn the bike first the guy on the bike fell down causing the bike to slide for about 100 feet then came the white convertible mustang he hit the oil then lost control he ended up whraping the mustang around a tree they where two guys in the car the driver died soon after the car look pretty mangled.The guy that poored the oil think he got out off jail about 10 years or so ago could be wrong though nevertheless I missed those days I remember going to Astoria park then hit fanny lew those days that was the shit you couldn't even find any parking fromm light to light some times it would take you at last have an hour that's how many people used to hang out there,i used to race my gsxr Suzuki and my 1987 nitrios corvette on the blvd,prep, burger king conduit,howard beach,founting ave.jhones beach etc.Those where the days

I forgot about the Conduit, lots of racing. Oh yeah, I forgot about Fountain Avenue in Brooklyn too, then we'd take the ride to 86th street which was always mobbed. Had some crazy racing over by the BQE Maurice Avenue, great times. Clubs were insane too; Paleds, Avanti's, Silver Screen's in Queens, Long Island had Spratz on the Water and Zachary's, even the music was the best. Freestyle was at it's peak, and the best ever bands in Metal/Rock were still jamming. Tyson was fighting on the screen, the Knicks were taking on Jordan and the Bulls, it was just a great freaking time...

small world those where the same clubs I used to go back in the day,86 street crusing up and down been there done that dam it feels like yesturday

Their is not many good places to go anymore right now my favorite place the old OBI in Jhones Beach on sunday morning at around 7:00 to 8:00 in the morning there are some sick cars there from stock custom and high end cars it get's very much packed that being said I don't think I am going to make it for the next year or so doing complete floor pans on my car and there is not that much free time .

my main spot was Carvel parking lot that's where a lot of the heavy hitters bike boys used to gathered used to be about 15 to 18 of us back in 1987 going to race at jhones Beach no joke back then they where going 170 plus I had a 1988 suzzuki 750 sling shot with an 1100 motor on it I was doing 165 back then there was another guy Eddy he was pushing 170 plus because he was ahead off me but them again it was straight highway was for about 4 or 5 miles let me tell you after 120 or so the white lines on the highway turn to one solid line ,now adays the last time I went to jhones beach on a early morning I went 120 mph holy shit I don't think I would be doing that any time soon I guess age cought up I gess. Oh I forgot I pushed my vette to 155 that's all of it would do great days

Meh, we don't need the movie, we lived it lol... ;)

The clubs on the Island were the best. I never found a need to go to the city until after 1995....Webster Hall blew my mind. Free style was aite but my groove was House and battlin was the game. Haha

Oh hellz yeah, those were the jams right there! I forget the girls name, but she went to Francis Prep, she used to throw parties at her house every year, and they were packed most of the late 80's, all of Queens would go. She was blonde, but don't recall her name. It was something straight out of Back to School with Rodney Dangerfield at the dorm, that's how packed they were. One guy from St. Francis Prep, I forget his name, used to compete professionally working out but had a speech impediment, awesome guy to hang out with, dude was a a monster. I think his name was Griffith? Don't remember. Met him through my buddy Steve Frosch who sadly died last year during some horrific Sanitation accident. Back then the only way to go viral was when people would record cassette tapes and share them, and the DJ to play back then was DJ Chris Scarpoli from Howard Beach, they were everywhere.

Awww shit, ain't no party like a house party. Haha Man, I always had a thing for the chick in the yellow....mmm mmm mmm.

Awww....there she is again standing next to GIIIINNNNAAAA. Look at that mischievous smile. :D