Queens NY, Franny Lew G-Bodies...

Forgot about Kid-n-Play, their Gettin Funky was the jam back then, all the battles that took place back then in the clubs would be getting down to that track, Queens vs Brooklyn. Oh hellz yeah, now we're really going back...

My best battle move back then was what I called the kick....the fellas start doin it around the 2:20 mark. Ahh to be young again.

Monie Love...another cutie and boy could she rap.

I watched this a couple times now. Looks like if they followed through that it would make a really cool movie. I hopped in the GN today and suddenly felt Italian LOL.

Not yet. Currently looking for 20" chrome IROC style rims for it though. J/K.

I remember back around '89-90 I went cruising with a friend of my sister's in his 1st gen Camaro down Hawthorne Blvd in Hawthorne / Lawndale area. We caught a light with a GN and he got really upset. When the light turned green I found out why. This mysterious whooshing thing handed his ass to him big time. I had no idea what it was back then, but there were a few of them roaming the streets just killing all the musclecars that night, and they all hated it. I grew up in Torrance, but moved to Tucson as a kid in '87 and would visit my family every summer in So Cal. In the early 90's my scene was Speedway in Tucson. Good times, but not as good as you guys had it. Tucson is pretty boring. We would cruise in my '87 Porsche 924S with the Lanzar subs bumpin looking for girls. Then I discovered my 4 Banger wanna be Porsche could take out stock Fox bodies and IROCs. My first street race with a Mustang 5.0 changed my life. I moved on to a beat to shit '68 Buick GS 400 with a built 430 and a 4 spd. That car was way to clapped out to pass tech, so no clue what it ran. What I do know is that I took out a pile of fox body guys my first night out. First a bolt on car, then a Saleen, then a 351 car, then onto the guy with the Vortech, and then the guy with a built motor with a 125 shot. Some of these guys were running mid / low 12's. That car was stupid fun. Not too many Turbo regals on the scene in Tucson.

I don't think there will ever be a better time than the mid 80s to mid 90s. The cars, the racing, the music, the clubs.....and the big hair girls!

I mean daum just look at her......fukin beautiful. :D

d277ac04bc36651393b9516ab235eb94.jpg

those where song back then man cool video's to yea I remember the big muscle guy forgot he's name thought I remember him ridding a 600 hurricane that guy was huge always wearing them gym clothes with the sycadelic colors and yea he kind a talk funny nice guy though .Thanks for sharing guy's those where some good memories.

I used to drive over from NJ to visit my cousin who lived in Jamaica, Queens. I picked him up and drove over to Franny Lew. We also hit the Conduit and Fountain Ave.

I won a few races on Franny Lew with my GN. Maybe you saw me back then. My GN had the GNX flares/vents. I also had the Quality Engineering rear GNX style rear suspension.

Who remembers the go-go place on Queens Blvd by the 59th Street Bridge? And Dowlingers (sp?) in the Garden City Hotel?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com

I thought that was Alexes Iroc , it's a sick turbo charged small block , one of the reasons I turbocharged my SS camaro.
Im also a nythirdgen member from when i had my TA and iroc and never make the meets either, times tough to come by especially with our club ny5thgen.

We have meets in the summer at Astoria park Friday nights I'd love to see some turbo regals there this year.

I think he's still trying to get the movie out. Brought back alot of memories. Loved seeing the turbo regal in the trailer.

this trailer has been around for a bit now the two third gens in there belong to a couple guys form a club i belong to NYTHIRDGEN.. i used to cruise the bully in the early 2000's. i wish it was like that awesome cars great times..
I saw Alex's which other car was from nytg ?

The movie has been green lit from what I just saw the other day, will be called "Cruise". Hopefully they still rock g-bodies as the main characters cars, if not the same ones from the short. Hopefully period correct too if so.

Can't remember the chick's name, but she went to St. Francis Prep, threw parties by her house and invited what seemed to be the whole freaking borough. It was straight outta Back to School w/Rodney when they had the party at the dorm. I remember she was a JAP (Jewish American Princess), and when her parents would leave town, word started to spread. Place was trashed repeatedly from what I "can" remember...

Time warp cruise started at Astoria Pk then blow on the highway to Franny Lew couldn't race there cops were all over it then too street races at Fountain Ave and 150th Conduit for the money races though in Bklyn but a hotspot back at that time the lates 80's early 90's good times. I was Rocking a fox body 88 T-top Mustang GT those days.
Nice!...That was my exact route from 86-92.... but I was in a 87' GTA, and a 90' turbo supra

Last edited:
Who here remembers operation Hermes that when the cops made the big bust on street racing. A buddy of mine got his car back after sitting for almost 20 years. Car is a 68 camaro he thought that they crushed it until he received a letter to come claim his property. Biggest surprise of his life that day. Conduit , Hutch , hunts point. Those were the spots I remember as a kid.

I don't think there will ever be a better time than the mid 80s to mid 90s. The cars, the racing, the music, the clubs.....and the big hair girls!
Those were the days. Most today will never be able to experience the good times we had back then. There were so many spots to go. Crossbay Blvd was always a first and last stop. Astoria Park and Franny Lew were always good hangouts. Hunts Point was always insane. There was the Diner on the Conduit for big races and Fountain Ave on Sunday afternoons. Then there was the Long Island spots. The turnpike (Hempstead turnpike in Levittown) was amazing fun. You could run at every light, it really didn’t matter who was next to you, they wanted a try. Three wide at times. 7 days a week fun. Runs were organized on Loring Road, Newbridge Road(106), 135 and Rt 109. Then when the turnpike got hot, we headed to Deer Park Ave. I miss those days. Everything about those times was awesome.

I drive thru many of these areas and it all has changed so much. Nothing is the same today. So many memories…..

Who here remembers operation Hermes that when the cops made the big bust on street racing. A buddy of mine got his car back after sitting for almost 20 years. Car is a 68 camaro he thought that they crushed it until he received a letter to come claim his property. Biggest surprise of his life that day. Conduit , Hutch , hunts point. Those were the spots I remember as a kid.

I remember when he lost his '68 Camaro and when he got it back. I have not seen the car in a couple of years but he built the whole car. My buddy was arrested for flagging that race. Crazy. I remember a super charged mustang that was confiscated and was turned into a police car. I rolled up to the mustang at a light on Queens Blvd by the cemetery. The officer instantly started to talk trash and I told him about the car he was driving and he had no chance. We went when the light changed. Need I say anymore. We talked afterwards for a bit. That was a lot of fun, try that today and they will throw away the key.

David, I believe that Mustang belonged to kid named Frank from Ridgewood Queens.

I remember a fast 86 Mustang with the plate CHEF that was on nitrous on Frannie Lew. He was feared, the Camaro guys would shit their pants.