Queens NY, Franny Lew G-Bodies...

Those were the days. Most today will never be able to experience the good times we had back then. There were so many spots to go. Crossbay Blvd was always a first and last stop. Astoria Park and Franny Lew were always good hangouts. Hunts Point was always insane. There was the Diner on the Conduit for big races and Fountain Ave on Sunday afternoons.

I drive thru many of these areas and it all has changed so much. Nothing is the same today. So many memories…..

Don't forget Juniper Park, place used to be mobbed. Also raced over by Maurice Avenue. Pizza City, the Bow Wow and the later Fuddruckers in Howard Beach were great places to hang out, as well as Nathans in Long Island. Cousins would sneek me into Paleds on Queens Blvd (then Phase II) then go racing afterward, then hit up Steve Smalls' old Metropolitan 71 in Forest Hills to shoot some pool at 3:00am. Fun as hell...

David, I believe that Mustang belonged to kid named Frank from Ridgewood Queens.

What was Frank's last name, did he hang out on Gates Avenue?

No, not him. I asked because I used to hang around Gates Avenue and Fresh Pond Road in Ridgewood back then, and I remember a guy with a Mustang that he street raced, but different last name though...

Yea Frank owned a sick lightning a couple years back. Lots of those guys would go to McDonalds on metropolitan ave for the Tuesday cruise in. Now it's in home depot. I'm really trying to get my car in this movie. Shit I'd like the job of scouting the cars..

If you own an apartment building in Ridgewood, your a millionaire, things have def changed.

I delivered boxes of yarn back in the 80s in WillyB, when crack was prevalent. Let me tell you, If I left my van for 5 minutes something was sure to be missing. Now you've got colleges pouring out grads by the hundreds of thousands looking for work in all the major cities. Just a matter of time before the whole kit and kaboodle gets flushed down the toilet.