Pyrometer Sticking.

DWB47

Ok it's not a problem with the buick, but I figured someone here would be able to help me. I have an autometer ultralite II pyrometer on my truck. It has recently started hanging up between 800 & 1000 deg. When I tap on it, the needle will drop to where it should be. Are these gauges servicable? I was thinking maybe I could just try spraying some WD40 in it. Has anyone had any luck fixing a similar problem? Thanks.

Dont spray the gauge. I have an autometer pyro and it would always flicker back and forth. I think you have to supply a dedicated power and ground to it. Mine was a little better after I did this, other than that I dont know. I like to tap on the gauge with my finger :rolleyes:.........That doesnt fix it though :biggrin:

Thanks for the input. I'm not sure if it has a dedicated power and ground or not, but I kinda don't think that would be the problem. These gauges have been in the truck for almost 3 years and it just started acting up.

On my brothers powerstroke he got 2 bad egt gauge from edge,that were brand new.It would make the egt read real high.So it might be bad or going bad.