pump question..someone please help

dagojoe

I have an smc alky kit...they are no longer in business..to make a long story short..my pump went bad..does anyone know if I can use my smc controller and use a different pump from like razor or snow..and make the kit work..or do I have to buy a whole kit...the smc controller is 12 volts but the amps are my concern will the new pumps being 200 psi rather than the old smc being 120 make a difference also I read that I believe the amp draw on the smc was 3volts and the newer stuff is 4..not sure if all my data is correct..I thought I could use the smc stuff long as I get a pump with a pressure switch..I could make it work...I really could use sum help..anyone out there done this or made it work ...know what pump to get @ where to get it from or will I have to start from scratch..I know someone can tell me...just trying to use what I have...id hate to scrap this stuff because its a good kit..just the pump finally crapped out ....thanks joe

Any larger pump used will not fit where the little flojet was located by the dryer. That would mean you need to extend hoses, extend wiring, make brackets, and revamp the kit. Then you get into current capability. The Flojet draws only 3 amps. Example my pump pulls 13 amps at 250 PSI. Thats way different. And the pressure curve from a new pump is going to be different than what you have. So now you'll be retuning a lot as well.
Nothing simple except two options. Replace the little pump with another one, dump what you have and move to something else. I sell the small flojet pumps for 80.00 and they dont come with a warranty. I wouldnt use a larger pump with your setup.

I figured that but wasn't sure of all the specs....I plan to call razors this afternoon and order a pump...maybe 2...thanks for your quick reply...and all the helpful info..