pump leaking

The only mod he does is the connector plug and the diaphragm under the switch held in by three screws.

I'm not speaking for you but it would be nice to be able to buy just the part that fails which is the diaphragm under that switch.
Now if the pump was older and showing signs of wear and corrosion I would be on board with your theory and send it in for a rebuild.

The problem is that whether you use the pump or not that part fails almost like clockwork every three or or years.
There's more. If you feel that way, you have your simpler cheaper way of getting to your means. All parts fail when subjected to methanol, so to only replace one is a sure setup for more failure. Like blowing a head gasket and only doing the gasket, not surfacing the head.

There's more. If you feel that way, you have your simpler cheaper way of getting to your means. All parts fail when subjected to methanol, so to only replace one is a sure setup for more failure. Like blowing a head gasket and only doing the gasket, not surfacing the head.

I'm not poking you, I've taken these pumps apart and have inspected the parts and in my case I feel I can go longer than 3 years between rebuilds and would like to buy the part that fails most often.

If you will sell me just that part them let me know how much. I would replace that part every two years regardless of condition and rebuild my pumps every five years if they check out when I inspect them every two years.

I have three pumps so I don't have to wait for mine to be rebuilt and suffer any down time. It is after all a buick and the rule of thumb is to have at least one spare of everything.

If the head is within spec I don't resurface them when I do a H/G. If I resurfaced the heads just because they were off then they would be junk after so many resurfacing jobs.

Just like anything, if upon inspection there are no issues and tolerances are in spec back together it goes.

If the head is within spec I don't resurface them when I do a H/G. If I resurfaced the heads just because they were off then they would be junk after so many resurfacing jobs.

Just like anything, if upon inspection there are no issues and tolerances are in spec back together it goes.
Point is if i'm there with the pump already dis-assembled.. why would I put used parts back in and then risk failure. Shot gun approach, put it all new. Hard to tell rubber is going bad. Worse when something like a valve goes bad and pump doesnt build pressure properly. First rebuilds back 10 years ago.. just would change whatever failed trying to save the customer $$.. that was a fail. So once we started putting it all new.. problems resolved. Funny thing about parts from Shurflo, the cost of individual parts is exponentially higher than the cost of a new pump. Like buying a new car for 20K and you price it out parts wise its over 100K. So we are torn from simply selling new pumps or offering our customers a cheaper option.
Better yet, here are the numbers
Diaphragm/cam 42.18
check valve seal kit 9.26
valve is 19.49
Or get pump rebuilt for 80

Point is if i'm there with the pump already dis-assembled.. why would I put used parts back in and then risk failure. Shot gun approach, put it all new. Hard to tell rubber is going bad. Worse when something like a valve goes bad and pump doesnt build pressure properly. First rebuilds back 10 years ago.. just would change whatever failed trying to save the customer $$.. that was a fail. So once we started putting it all new.. problems resolved. Funny thing about parts from Shurflo, the cost of individual parts is exponentially higher than the cost of a new pump. Like buying a new car for 20K and you price it out parts wise its over 100K. So we are torn from simply selling new pumps or offering our customers a cheaper option.
Better yet, here are the numbers
Diaphragm/cam 42.18
check valve seal kit 9.26
valve is 19.49
Or get pump rebuilt for 80

How much for the part I want?? Sent you a PM also.

Refer to post # 18.

I'll sell you the parts, but won't help with any issue if it arises with installation of those parts. That's why we ask they come in

Please let me know how much you charge for them so I can order a few of them.

It seems like you're dodging the question and won't answer what I'm asking. I appreciate all the advice on what you think I should do but right now I just need that part.

When it needs to be rebuilt I will send you the pump for your services, fair enough.

Thank you, RZ.