pump leaking

shmed

ok looks like my ally pump finally sprung a leak
question is can i just go buy another sure flo pump or is there other things done to julios?
trying to avoid the shipping an exchange right now
thanks

More than likely the diaphragm is leaking. The sad thing is that it probably only costs ten bucks and takes about five minutes to replace and he won't sell it to you.

At least that is how it was when I asked him if I could buy just that part. They crack over time and use and was the only thing wrong with the pump.

If you have a leak at the fitting held in by three screws than that is likely the problem.

If you can find a pump that will accept the lines/fittings and puts out 150 PSI you should be fine.

Or you could try and see if Julio will sell you the diaphragm.

Last edited:
trying to avoid the shipping an exchange right now
an $80 rebuild for your alky pump for race gas performance is a small price to pay.the pumps come back tested and I monitor pressure and haven't had one miss a beat.

ok looks like my ally pump finally sprung a leak
you don't know where the pump may be leaking form,could be leaking from the thread area from overtightened threads,from the seal,etc best to have it looked at.

It's the damn diaphragm as it wasn't leaking before. It would have shown itself long ago if it was something else.

I've taken the pumps apart before and have never seen any issues that warrant 80.00 bucks for just a diaphragm at least in my case of the pumps I've had apart.

I just wish I could buy the diaphragm because that's all I ever need and takes less then five minutes to replace. Not worth 80.00 bucks to me for such a cheap part.

I've taken the pumps apart before and have never seen any issues that warrant 80.00 bucks for just a diaphragm at least in my case of the pumps I've had apart.
rob if you feel comfortable taking the pumps apart more power to you.i don't know this guy from a hole in the wall,dont know what he can and cant do,i will tell you what I know for sure when the pump needs to go full psi it needs to work Julio rebuilds them and does a great job.

rob if you feel comfortable taking the pumps apart more power to you.i don't know this guy from a hole in the wall,dont know what he can and cant do,i will tell you what I know for sure when the pump needs to go full psi it needs to work Julio rebuilds them and does a great job.

You are right, I don't know his level of mechanical ability and he probably should send his in.

I'm just frustrated as I know in my case all I need is the diaphragm and can test the pump myself and he won't sell me just the part I need.:mad::mad::mad:

If he really just wanted to help he would sell them to us instead of mandating a rebuild.

relax remember its always cheaper than race gas;)

Yeah and I could buy a tank of gas and a five gallon can of meth and a Diaphragm if he would sell me one for 80.00 bucks.

Sorry, I see it as free money in his pocket when all I need is a part that can be sent in an envelope for 44 cents and the cost of the part.

I have 3 of them. we use them in a motorhome as well.

I have a few as well. My point was that he charges the same price for a rebuild as a new pump.

I have nothing against Julio and like his system, I wish he would just sell the parts I need and let me decide what the pump needs or doesn't need.

I wish he would just sell the parts I need and let me decide what the pump needs or doesn't need.
rob I don't see a lot of guys asking for parts to rebuild their walboros or whatever fuel pumps guys are using.the facts are most people are running pumps that cost a lot less to make than they paid for them,that goes for most auto parts these days, right or wrong it is what it is.me personally I lean on my meth kit hard and it needs to work and its one less thing I have to tinker with. when I get the pump back it needs to work like a new pump regardless if its rebuilt.i just put it on the spring cleaning list and call it a day.

You need to replace the diaphragm and cam assembly, you need to replace the valve, you need to replace the check valve and seal kit, you need to replace the teflon gasket, you need to replace the fasteners, you need to check the clearances between the outer diaphragm and upper housing and adjust using teflon shims.

Water is fine.. come jump on it. The 80 we charge covers the parts and very minimal labor. Not even going to get into having to obviously warranty the work performed to the pump. Been doing it for 13 years.

My Canadian customers simply pull the heads off the pumps and send that in parcel post as its less than 4 lbs. Motors dont go bad.

I'll sell you the parts, but won't help with any issue if it arises with installation of those parts. Thats why we ask they come in.

im talking about a basic shureflow pump compared julios modded shureflow.if Julio wants to come on here and tell exactly what he does to the pump that is up to him.

The only mod he does is the connector plug and the diaphragm under the switch held in by three screws.

I'm not speaking for you but it would be nice to be able to buy just the part that fails which is the diaphragm under that switch.
Now if the pump was older and showing signs of wear and corrosion I would be on board with your theory and send it in for a rebuild.

The problem is that whether you use the pump or not that part fails almost like clockwork every three or four years.

Last edited:
You need to replace the diaphragm and cam assembly, you need to replace the valve, you need to replace the check valve and seal kit, you need to replace the teflon gasket, you need to replace the fasteners, you need to check the clearances between the outer diaphragm and upper housing and adjust using teflon shims.

Water is fine.. come jump on it. The 80 we charge covers the parts and very minimal labor. Not even going to get into having to obviously warranty the work performed to the pump. Been doing it for 13 years.

My Canadian customers simply pull the heads off the pumps and send that in parcel post as its less than 4 lbs. Motors dont go bad.

I'll sell you the parts, but won't help with any issue if it arises with installation of those parts. Thats why we ask they come in.

I'm not going to argue with you, and what you do to the pump head is worth the money in that case, but it would be nice if you offered the diaphragm to me as a replacement part so I can install it myself.

It's my motor and my problem if the pump motor fails and I would like the option of just purchasing that part. It's not like you would pay to have my motor rebuilt if I put a new unit on the car anyways, these systems are use at your own risk products just like N2O.

If you could PM me I'll order the parts I need.

Thanks Julio I appreciate your clarification of what is involved in your rebuild service.