Pump gas/Alky Mellissa bumps it up!! 9.94!!!!

Arn't these cars amasing!!!!!!! JC is the fastest and Melissa is the quickest :eek: :cool: goin to have a 7hr talk driving back home tomorrow to decide what we are goin to do :rolleyes: 140 MPH is hauling ass in these street cars:eek: Maybe stoping her car now and concentrating on the Mazda ...that motor IS from the Mazda!!!!!! "THE LITTLE ONE THAT COULD GET THE JOB DONE" ...ok enuff flapping the jaws here...time to go eat and chill out :cool:

Congrats on the new best.

I wish that I was the JC that he was talking about being the fastest!

Great to see a real street car going 9's. Great job! I'm next! I'm coming after mellissa next year at BG but she has to drive the car at least 4hrs to get there like me.. ;) Scot w.

That's it? No problem!

You know how many times we've heard that Scott? Actually, your the second Scott...... We'll put you on the list......Get in line...

Line em up and knock em down........:)

We will bring a gun to BG, you can count on it. Short block is already built, we have to decide on aluminum heads or iron and what size turbo everyone else is runnin for the TIA class in the Nats.

The slip looked like this, sorry we don't have a real pic until we get home.

60' 1.468
330 4.108
1/8 6.364
MPH 108.86
1000' 8.309
1/4 9.947
MPH 138.14

I'm DONE gettin kicked out of places.......This is startin to be a PITA!!

Sounds Good!

Yep that's it!!! :) I'm close or getting there I should say. My best so far with 24lbs boost on pumpgas & alky was as follows in the 1/8th:

60' 1.59
ET 6.76
MPH 104.2

I too have a 3700lb full weight car with NO fiberglass, working A/C, Cruise, power seats, T-tops, power windows and I do one thing mellissa don't do! Thats Autocross mine with VERY impresive times there! and I don't change a thing when I dragrace it !!! :biggrin: Looking forward to having some fun!!

Scot w.

That's it? No problem!

You know how many times we've heard that Scott? Actually, your the second Scott...... We'll put you on the list......Get in line...

Line em up and knock em down........:)

We will bring a gun to BG, you can count on it. Short block is already built, we have to decide on aluminum heads or iron and what size turbo everyone else is runnin for the TIA class in the Nats.

The slip looked like this, sorry we don't have a real pic until we get home.

60' 1.468
330 4.108
1/8 6.364
MPH 108.86
1000' 8.309
1/4 9.947
MPH 138.14

I'm DONE gettin kicked out of places.......This is startin to be a PITA!!

Congrats, thats impressive, this car is very unasssuming under the hood too. really stealth looking.

Russ, Grumpy, Melissa

Great job guys. That is hauling the mail.

A pump gas TSM alky car, maybe that should get put on the rules for next year. :eek:

Yep that's it!!! :) I'm close or getting there I should say. My best so far with 24lbs boost on pumpgas & alky was as follows in the 1/8th:

60' 1.59
ET 6.76
MPH 104.2

I too have a 3700lb full weight car with NO fiberglass, working A/C, Cruise, power seats, T-tops, power windows and I do one thing mellissa don't do! Thats Autocross mine with VERY impresive times there! and I don't change a thing when I dragrace it !!! :biggrin: Looking forward to having some fun!!

Scot w.

We'll make sure you wish you were on the autocross....... Good luck dude!! Here's to havin fun in BG...;)

Damn, sorry to hear you got the boot. I was looking forward a video of a transbrake run! What's on the menu to make the legal? I remember safety upgrades have been done but I don't remember how far it was good to. Well, it's still a huge accomplishment. Congrats to all of you!

Russ, Dan really great job on this car! MELISSA super driving! Having watched this all come together has been nothing short of educating for me and I know others also. The really very best part is no over-spec'd parts that don't work to compliment each other... it's all in the tune and the numbers prove it! Congrats on some killer times.

Russ, you're tuning my car in Reynolds right? Same combo, but a little bigger cam and a BB 6776. I'll throw you the keys and let you have your way with it. Come on, you know you want to!

We'll make sure you wish you were on the autocross....... Good luck dude!! Here's to havin fun in BG...;)
:biggrin: I highly doubt it! I know I've got 4 tenths left in mine, Does she? with out changing engine's! Russ The Autocross is more fun than just going in a stright line (anyone can go in a straight line!) You should try it sometime! Anyway it's a great accomplishment you guys/gal have done and i'm sure in BG 08' it will have a new engine and will be much quicker. good luck! ;)

:biggrin: I highly doubt it! I know I've got 4 tenths left in mine, Does she? with out changing engine's! Russ The Autocross is more fun than just going in a stright line (anyone can go in a straight line!) You should try it sometime! Anyway it's a great accomplishment you guys/gal have done and i'm sure in BG 08' it will have a new engine and will be much quicker. good luck! ;)

The only circle track stuff I've done is the Petty thing at Charlotte in 96, got 8 laps driving. Def a good time. I bet the road coarse stuff is fun too. Don't get me wrong there.....

We have to give this motor back to Dan that's the only reason we're switchin. I actually think there's 2 more tenths in it the way it sits......

I can't wait to see what the rules are gonna be for the class next year. Hopefully a 70GTQ will be legal. I'd love to put one on.......:)

Congrats (y)

Whats the race weight? I know it's full weight but thats not an exact figure :)

Steve

Whats the plan now Dan? You guys gonna haul out the cage and get a 10pt, or just leave it at this level? Congrats again, I know you guys busted your arse to get her there. The beauty is there is more left. Very impressive.

Scott there is def "some left" with my Mazda motor :cool: after leaving the track we went out for supper.. got lost for 2 hours "looking" for food .. this is a driver!! always was and always will be :eek: just let the cars do the talking :eek: :p hmmmm you sellin your car ??? Melissa's could be bought for the right price and save ya some "guess work" :eek: :biggrin:

Steve.... we still havent weighed it.. goin to the track Wed and will hopefully get a weight then .. car has alum bumper supports from the wife's old 87 T .. otherwise a full load :cool:

Scott there is def "some left" with my Mazda motor :cool: after leaving the track we went out for supper.. got lost for 2 hours "looking" for food .. this is a driver!! always was and always will be :eek: just let the cars do the talking :eek: :p hmmmm you sellin your car ??? Melissa's could be bought for the right price and save ya some "guess work" :eek: :biggrin: :
Yep i'm selling it for the right price also! It would save some quess work for someone wanting to run a GN OFF the dragstrip! ;) I know yours is a driver and please don't take me wrong, i'm in no way bashing I love the car and what it's done! As far as the Guess work goes I'm done with the guess work and have done alot of it to be able to achive both respectable times at the dragstrip and on the autocross.
Belive me those two were not supossed to go well together. It's one thing to take one of these and concentrate on making it hook at the strip but it's another to make it work at both and to not change anything at either track. I wanted to be different; I didn't want just another GN that ran well at the strip. I wanted a car that done it all !! So I'll hold off from Mellissa's car seeing i'm only 4 tenths away and I can have fun on a dragstip, road course or auto-x. "The best of all worlds"! :biggrin: Next year is the Year One Experiance. ;) Why don't you join me sometime!

Scot w.

I was thrilled to finally see the car run in person... actually ran against it in your 10.0 pass.

Great gob Melissa, Dan & Russ!

Dan's definitely not lying with the street car stuff... I was at the front gate this morning and Dan and Melissa came driving in... probably one of the quietest, unassuming looking TR's there.

Russ... thanks for letting me bug you on Friday... I ended up running a couple of 12.20's.

Eric