Pulling transmission with jackstands

Yea w me I can't fully Jack the back so I leave it and just raise front. Garage space is tight

I've pulled more than my fair share on my back. The 3' extension is a requirement as far as I'm concerned. I use an impact swivel. If it is too loose, wrap it with some electrical tape to stiffen it up a might. Use a big hammer to fold down the pinch weld in the tunnel. Your knuckles will thank you. I'd you don't drain it first, just be aware that open output without a driveshaft can make a lake of fluid if you aren't paying attention. I love my northern tool big red trans jack. It tilts side to side and front to back. No easier way to stab one especially if you are used to a floor jack and a 2x6 under the pan. That jack is an incredible time saver.
Take all the cables off and out. Buying a shift cable and/or a tv cable because you are lazy isn't worth it to me. Careful of pinch points it hurts when that trans pinches you between it and the car parts.
Post up any questions plenty here have done it.

Took me 3 hrs and 6 beers but it out

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 124
4 old steel wheels under your tires works well, jackstands scare me.Sitting on the wheels is very stable. Can't get trans out from under while it's still on the tranny jack. Now my best friend has a lift...woo hoo!

Here is a real redneck way I dropped a trans on my Tahoe last year... I used a floor jack, undid all the connections then got a long tow strap, made a clove hitch around the passenger side frame so I would have two straps. One strap run between the pan and bell housing, and the other across the pan. I brought the two ends out to the driverside and tied it to a ball on my friends pick up truck, pulled forward with the truck to put tension on the straps. Lowered the jack until the straps supported the trans, removed the jack and then reversed the pick up slowly and it eased the trans onto the ground. That 4L60E is a lot heavier than the 200.

I use 5 ton jack stands all the time. I have one of those scissor style trans jacks from harbor freight. After I let the transmission down, there's no room to roll it out until I jack the car up about 25 to 30 inches. I knew I had to pull my trans again to replace a leaking front seal, so I broke down and bought a low profile, high reach 2 ton jack from harbor freight. It's goes to 24" or so, which is about 5" more than my other floor jacks. Pulled my trans today and it made it so much easier with this new jack. I rolled it out on the trans jack right out the side instead of skimming under the apex of the front lower control arms.

http://www.harborfreight.com/2-ton-...vy-duty-floor-jack-with-rapid-pump-60678.html