PTE Slic vs Marks Slic

Allblackv6

Is there really any performance advantage that sets them apart? I don't know too much about Marks unit, but it seems like more bang for the buck compared to the precision intercooler.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

PTE is slightly bigger on the pipes, but unless your pushing really big power...Mark's is great. A few guys painted it black to keep it stock looking.
I ran the PTE for 3 years...it is the real deal. For the $$$...Mark's is the better deal.

Any input on TR's FMIC?? the price seems good.. I was thinking on upgrading mine to a FMIC.. Thinking RJC?? But a bit more $$..

I certainly have not tried all of the intercoolers on the market but I have tried several over the years on 5 different 10 second turbo Buicks I have had and in my experience all of them I have tried have been pretty much the same performance wise. I even did back to back testing between an old school Thunder Fab stretched stocker(15 row) vs. PTE FM and saw zero difference on a 10.50 car. I felt like the Thunder Fab unit was probably the lowest performing upgrade intercooler since it was made from a stock intercooler and a half and at the time the PTE was regarded as one of the best so I thought it was a worthwhile comparison to make. My results probably would not hold true on a 8 or 9 second car if that's your goal but if you want 10's or slower most all the aftermarket IC's will likely work for you.

I have several friends who went the RJC route...I don't race it.. Have some mild mods..pretty much a newbie.. Just want the speed when some unsuspecting vette pulls up..

I have several friends who went the RJC route...I don't race it.. Have some mild mods..pretty much a newbie.. Just want the speed when some unsuspecting vette pulls up..

I am sure the RJC unit will be of very high quality and will be more than adequate to support the power you are looking for. If you have mild mods like you mentioned the RJC unit will be overkill for your combo but I don't think it will be too big so that it hurts performance and it will leave you room to grow. Depending on how mild you combo is you might not see as big of a performance gain as you might like for the money spent. If you have a high 11 second or slower set up its hard to beat a Duttweiler neck stock intercooler for the money.

Steve.. 60# rjc plate PTE,5831 turbo, alky, lt1 and translator, tinman, accufab fpr TT chip..

Sent from my XT1080 using TurboBuick Mobile mobile app

I'm just trying to be in the high to mid 11 range. I don't plan on going faster than that. The PTE seemed like a lot of money if I really didn't need it. Looks like I'm going to kick down and buy Mark's. Too bad it won't be until after the holidays :/

Mark ,,haven't forgot about order!!. I sent the emails to my wife for the tinman CAI...she is going to order it for Xmas.. Jason

Mark ,,haven't forgot about order!!. I sent the emails to my wife for the tinman CAI...she is going to order it for Xmas.. Jason

I don't sell the Tinman cold air kit, I have my own line of Big Mouth cold air kits.

Yes Mark.. I'm sorry.. I misspoke..we recently corresponded by email.. Lora will be ordering from you.. I sent her our emails..I'll be going with your setup.. Sorry for the delay. Jason

Mark any plans on carrying the Big Mouth in chrome again? Someone told me you stopped carrying them.