PTE FMIC install issues

chicago

Chitown
Just about done installing PTE FMIC. Having issues with driver's side. Seems that the pipe to throttle body is too high and left of center, and the pipe to the driver's side at the IC is too low and right. Is it possible that this is reversed from what it should be? Doesn't seem like the pipe will make it around the radiator support if I flip the pipe around? Ideas? Anyone have installation pix they can post? I can throw some pix up here later today if that will help. thx in advance. jn.

You have them oriented right as they only go on one way. The problem is when they changed the core back in 2002, it altered the positioning of the pipes. Don and I both told the powers that be all about the alignment issues with the pipe, but they did not listen us. :rolleyes: If you can imagine the core being wider by about 1/2", that would put the pipes in the correct position. Which is how it was with the old style core that they used in the beginning. What I did to make it work, was to run a longer hose from the long IC pipe to t-body and cut it too fit after I positioned the pipe as close as possible. I was also running the 45* bent pipe from the turbo to the IC for an external wastegate setup. Not the one with the 90* bend for stock style wastegate setups. Not the best fit in the world, but it worked. I'm sure Don did the same thing with his. This pipe design that goes from the IC to the T-body has not been changed since this IC first came out back in '95. But the core changed I believe back in 2002. I discovered the problem on my car back in 2003 when I purchased a new style core IC for my old grey car and fought with it forever. Just recently, someone else posted this exact same problem on here and Don replied to it. Here is a pic showing my old setup.

P2243645.jpg

Notice the longer hose...

Hope this helps a little and good luck with it.

Patrick

I purchased a longer 3" silicone hose today that I plan to use on the IC side of the long pipe in order to account for the positioning. Not sure I want to mess with cutting the pipes or changing the position of the pipe on the t-body. Thanks for letting me know about the change. Pis*es me off. Should be a direct fit.