PTC 10" 3200 converter vs. PTC 9.5" 3200 stall?

Steve

I am getting ready to order a new converter and I am planning to get a PTC but I have a few questions. My car is a full weight 87 GN with a 250" 109 with Champion irons and a 212/212 roller. The turbo is a TA-66 p trim with a Garret .63 housing(I run a local heads up class that requires a stock appearing turbo) with the usual supporting parts. With the extra cubic inches and the small garret housing and based prior experience I think a 3200 stall should work well. I have had a good number of 10 second turbo Buicks but in the past I have used multi-disc Vigilante converters because that was the way to go in the past. This time I plan to go with a non lock converter since many are having good luck with them and streetability is very important to me. I will be drivng the car a few thousand miles on the Hot Rod Power Tour this summer so heat is a concern and I want the trans to stay as cool as possible. Would I be better off with a 10" or 9.5" converter? I have heard some pretty amazing slip % numbers on the 9.5 PTC converters so would a 10" be comparable? Would the 10" be more highway friendly? Thanks for the info!

The 9.5" will work better everywhere and you will need it with those parts. The 9.5 isn't sold by stall speed either.

I have the same turbo and p trim.. The guy who did the tranny said 9.5 ptc was the way to go.

With that much motor you will need the 9.5. I had several guys using these on the drag week last year without issues.