Proudly say what you do for a living!

Musician, teacher and sales. That being said, it might be better if you just view the video. Hope you all like rock and roll.............

YouTube - Joe Bowen plays Foreplay by Boston on the Lowrey Organ

Wow thatwas awesome. I grew up listening to my father play his hammond b-3 in the living room, and somewhere have a tape of him playing a Wurlitzer in Chicago. That was very enjoyable, thanks for sharing.
THAT is talent. BRAVO!!! I can play all the guitar parts but that coordination is amazing! :biggrin:

I have been trying to learn the guitar for the last 20+ yrs and I can appreciate what you are saying. I think it takes 2 brains to play like that! :smile:

now about me. I worked as a machinist for many years then as a ironworker/welder/millwright, Welded in a pipefitting shop for a while and then back to machining. I finished as a maintenance technician in a steel finishing plant. I retired a few months ago (disability) and am somewhat limited in my capabilities but am slowly getting the shop in order so as to start some restoration projects that have been getting stale.
brian

Alan and I own National Dent Inc. Paintless Auto Hail Damage Repair techs. We travel the nation to storm hit cities and repair hail damaged vehicles.

Thanks for fixing that nasty door ding on my GN while up here in Minneapolis a few years back. You guys are always welcome here, tornadoes, hail, or nothing at all.

I work for the Tenneco Automotive plant in Seward. I'll have been there 3 years as of next Friday (crossing fingers for another raise). Our plant makes OE exhaust systems for Dodge Cummins trucks, Chevy Malibu, Buick LaCrosse, Viper, Harley-Davidson Navistar trucks, Caterpillar On- and Off-Road, and coming very soon John Deere, and several other vehicles I'm forgetting. Additionally we build the mufflers for all Dodge pickups, hot-end parts for Ford F-series (until very recently) and tons of OE and aftermarket service/replacement parts. I spent the first two and a half years on the lines as a machine operator and welder, and as of May moved into the Shipping/Recieving department unloading trucks.

Mechanical Engineer for 30 years, worked on Apollo 11, and a project design for the space shuttle (Tracking Data Relay Satelite, TDRS-1)....it was on Challenger when it exploded. Never knew the assembly worked until launched by Atlantis two one half years later. (TDRS-2) (IT DID! Very, very proud of it, but still sad to me because of what happened to Challenger. I actually thought the two little fuel tanks I designed for the manuevering assembly was the cause of the explosion at first. I designed two small tanks with liquid oxygen in one, liquid hydrogen on the other) Worked on sissors bridge, Bailey Bridge, tanks, generators for the US Army at Ft. Belvoir, and research center at USPS, designing machines. Numerous projects through the years for the Navy. In charge of a division in the company that deals with the shielding of electronic equipment from RFI/EMI Also built two houses in '77 with the organ player of my band (taking leave of absence all that year). Now retired.

Part time mechanic at night at Oldsmobile dealer while working engineering during day. In the 70's (very stressful) Got my whole tool set stolen after two years. Yippee.

Was full time musician on weekends, rock band, lead guitar. Been playing guitar since 1959. Rock and roll baby! All the way! Just switched to jazz and easy listening originals about 4 months ago. So, writing instrumentals now. Also I'm a drummer. Have full set in basement to take out my frustrations from working on the Grand National and other little things that drive me crazy in the garage. Much fun, and you sweat like a pig!:eek:

Part time hit-man for Tony Soprano down in Virginia Beach. The pay is good...fugetaboutit! My .22 is quieter than my .44.:D

And my goal at this time....I want to badly fly in a B25 bomber before I die.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Currently: Electronic Technician for the United States Coast Guard
Prior: Federal Corrections Officer
Immigration Officer
Communications Tech for Comcast
Aviation Mechanic for the U.S. Navy

And always a GearHead

R&D Lab Associate for Church & Dwight (the makers of Arm & Hammer brands). I work in the R&D "pilot plant" where small batches of product is made before it hits production.

Here I am whipping up an 80 kg batch of Nair Aloe & Lanolin depilatory in a 25 gallon Lee sweep mixer recirculating through a 15DO Waukesha pump and Greer mill with 28-30 psig backpressure while maintaining 50 degrees C for 30 minutes.;)

Attachments

• Phone Pictures 111.jpg
    Phone Pictures 111.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 504
sheet metal mechanic AKA Tin Knocker " do what you love and you will never work a day in your life"

i do my small part to make the clutch sheeves for Polaris ATV's- i stand in front of a cnc turning machine and push the same "start" button 500 times in a 10 hour shift.
the machine i run the most has two heads on it so it can do 2 sheeves at a time and keeps me busy- but sometimes i get to run the machine with only one head that does one part at a time and gives me a minute of "thumb up my butt" time while the next part runs..
yes, it is as glamorous and fun as it sounds..

hello people; IBEW union worker since 1973. Still here been laid off once.
IBBY

United States military here. I repair/maintain ground support equipment used to maintain the B-2 stealth bomber aircraft. Almost have 12 years in, and another 8 to go before I can retire. :cool:

Police dispatcher, dupty sheriffs officer, and I am on the search and rescue quad squad. Yeah I am that guy who awnsers you 911 calls. I even delivered a baby over the phone. Plus I have been a body and painter for the last 11 yrs

I am a professional a$$ kisser. I am a doorman/conseirge. I am also part time boyfriend-non sexual thank god-to a lot of the old bags in my building:biggrin:

P.S. waiting patiently for Xmas:biggrin:

im

Captain electrical! I love car audio,but my electrial business has taken over..
I get called by dealers and all automotive repair centers in my area that need help repairing autos with electical problems...here's a pic of my mobile lab...

Attachments

• IMG_20100902_130752.jpg
    IMG_20100902_130752.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 454