pros and cons of alky?

well this has become a fun topic now :D i suppose alky should be on the BUY list now. i will certainly add this wonderful item to the GN. now, should it be meth?

Ethanol works just fine on a stock motor, no chance of mixing top fuel lube in it either as some methanol is sold that way that can kill certain pumps with certain plastic parts.

I use EFI pumps and actually add a capful of alky. lube each fill they like alky. lube.

DIY Northern hydrualic pump can last a long long time on ethanol with no lube added.

Ethanol costs about double what methanol alky. costs, sometimes triple if you get ethanol at Home Depot etc. I like 5 gallon pails from paint shops or furniture refinishing suppliers.

I'd get an ISAC alky. pump controller and a Northern pump for a stock motor.

The DIY stuff is easy to do too links and threads available with the search feature. :smile:

If you can't work on your own car, or install simple pipes, hoses, tanks, and nozzles, than buy a kit which is complete with good instructions it's only money. :eek: ;)

Ethanol works just fine on a stock motor, no chance of mixing top fuel lube in it either as some methanol is sold that way that can kill certain pumps with certain plastic parts.

I use EFI pumps and actually add a capful of alky. lube each fill they like alky. lube.

DIY Northern hydrualic pump can last a long long time on ethanol with no lube added.

Ethanol costs about double what methanol alky. costs, sometimes triple if you get ethanol at Home Depot etc. I like 5 gallon pails from paint shops or furniture refinishing suppliers.

I'd get an ISAC alky. pump controller and a Northern pump for a stock motor.

The DIY stuff is easy to do too links and threads available with the search feature. :smile:

If you can't work on your own car, or install simple pipes, hoses, tanks, and nozzles, than buy a kit which is complete with good instructions it's only money. :eek: ;)

so you dont think a kit is a good way to start off? maybe replace pump later? just curious..... oh and im a wrench too. just learnin about the almighty T-Type. i can build one from the ground up if only i could find the time and money ........:eek:

Here's some reading for you if you can bolt and wire stuff up on your own. It ain't rocket science.

Read the ISAC controller thread in the alky. section here as well.

Kits are fine they just cost more than you need especially with a stock motor.

If you don't have the time to source a few things you have to decide to pay more it's always a trade off between fabbing a bit and buying something ready to bolt on.

Kinda like rear disc brakes, you can source all the stuff and fab up the rear brake emergency cables or buy the Baer kit and bolt it on as it comes complete, difference is time spent and money. You make the call.

DIY Alcohol Injection System

well this has become a fun topic now :D i suppose alky should be on the BUY list now. i will certainly add this wonderful item to the GN. now, should it be meth?

I'd add Razor's kit to your car. Not knocking the DIY kit, but why go that route when his kit that has been proven time and time again? Keep it simple and you won't reget it. I use methanol buy VP, Sunoco, or Torco. Works well! I have put it on a friends car to break his need for 110 octane.
He brought the car over on Empty. After I was done we drove to the nearest Shell, filled up with 93 and tuned it. No knock, over 25psi and the timing much higher that a "street chip". He has more left in it too!;)

Good =is you can run lots of boost ,kill knock ,run 93 octane ,

Bad=Pump failure , keep filling Alky tank

Now Razor has a tester to make sure your pump is healthy, and you could also do the Metco spare tire fuel cell for 5 gallons of Alky . :cool: Guys will chime in here but thats the basics on it.

Where can I get this pump tester?

What is julios number so I can order one?

thanks!

ALKYCONTROL
* Call for pricing: 813-265-1400
M-F 9am-6pm ET
After hours leave message
or EMAIL US

I was one of those guys that ran straight race fuel and race chips for years in my GN. It was almost always set on kill. Then when I would want to drive the car and couldnt find race gas, I added pump gas and had to wait until the car had a full belly of race fuel again before getting after it.

Fast forward to 2007. My brother and father bought Julio's Alky Kit for me for my birthday. I reluctantly put it on the car worried about all the small things such as running out of alky, pump failure, wiring issues, etc. Once the kit was installed (easiest aftermarket part I have EVER installed on a Turbo Buick), and tuned in, I quickly forgot about all those worries. Julio's kit is by far the best and most well thought out system. I did the DIY kits and always had problems tuning them in just right. I put the kit in the GN, put Eric's chip in, set the boost and let errr rip. No joke. Car was tuned in before but the transition to alky was easy. Ill never drive a Turbo Regal again on pump gas and 15psi.

My daily driver WE4 has a kit, my GN has a kit, and my dads Limited has a kit. Money well spent, and it supports a fellow vendor. Dont forget your chip from Eric. I just keep the tanks full and always prime the system before making that 1st hit after the vehicle has been sitting. Just like anything else with these cars you gotta maintain the system and monitor it. HTH

i do believe i will have to get alky. is julio the guy from alky control? do i call direct or pick it up from like g-body parts or somethin?

i do believe i will have to get alky. is julio the guy from alky control? do i call direct or pick it up from like g-body parts or somethin?

I'd deal directly with Julio.. He answers his phone if ya have a question :p