pros and cons of alky?

LITLV6

WESTSIDE LOWRIDERS
Ok. So I'm ordering a new pump, hot wire kit for the pump and injectors, ordering 60lb. injectors from turbotweak with a chip. (hopefully to correct the lean out problem i had). I have no cat. dual 40 series flowmasters :cool:, stock turbo, stock DP, auburn Posi, 2800rpm redline stall, well built internals for trans. inside i have pro comp ultralite guages with boost, tach, oil, volt, water temp, fuel pres. casper's knock and a scanmaster. oh and probably most important, stock internals on engine. (90k). what are the good and bad of alky? should i or shouldnt i? figured now is the time if i'm orderin a chip anyway:confused:

Good =is you can run lots of boost ,kill knock ,run 93 octane ,

Bad=Pump failure , keep filling Alky tank

Now Razor has a tester to make sure your pump is healthy, and you could also do the Metco spare tire fuel cell for 5 gallons of Alky . :cool: Guys will chime in here but thats the basics on it.

Good =is you can run lots of boost ,kill knock ,run 93 octane ,

Bad=Pump failure , keep filling Alky tank

Now Razor has a tester to make sure your pump is healthy, and you could also do the Metco spare tire fuel cell for 5 gallons of Alky . :cool: Guys will chime in here but thats the basics on it.

which pump? you mean alky pump goes out or fuel?:eek: the one that caught my eye is the one that replaces the overflow tank and has the alky tank on it. thoughts on that? how fast does that run out? i know that will depend on how much you stand on the throttle, but driving around normal with occasional stop light fury?:biggrin:

PRO: Alky will allow you to raise your boost to or near race gas levels while controlling knock and intake air temperature.

Read up on this, tons of info on here about systems, iso vs. meth, chip recommendations, installation, vehicle prep and much more.

My setup is: Alkycontrol/Turbotweak/Methanol/93 octane. I've seen 30 psi with a TE44 & 36lb. injectors and I still have headgaskets.

You won't regret this mod. -Jimmy

PRO: Alky will allow you to raise your boost to or near race gas levels while controlling knock and intake air temperature.

Read up on this, tons of info on here about systems, iso vs. meth, chip recommendations, installation, vehicle prep and much more.

My setup is: Alkycontrol/Turbotweak/Methanol/93 octane. I've seen 30 psi with a TE44 & 36lb. injectors and I still have headgaskets.

You won't regret this mod. -Jimmy

wow thats pretty impressive. 30lbs in no joke!:cool: how on 36lb. injectors? is that stock injectors?

Yep 30 psi....It was an over boost situation due to a faulty wastegate solenoid but the alky saved the day. These are replacement bluetop injectors I installed @ 2001, the stockers were 28 lbs. Today I would go with 60 lbers as you've chosen. I normally run 22-25 psi boost all the time with no issues.

wow thats pretty impressive. 30lbs in no joke!:cool: how on 36lb. injectors? is that stock injectors?

FIRST...I WOULD NOT GO UP TO 30LBS ON A STOCK MOTOR.
2ND.. YOU WILL NEED MORE INJECTOR THAN 36LBS. gET MIN 42.5 OR 50'S OR EVEN THE MOST POPULAR 60LB INJECTOR. YOU WILL NEED THE CHIP BURNED FOR THE ALKY AND INJECTOR.

Buy an alkycontrol kit from razor!!!!

Cons: Tickets for speeding
1. Constant abuse of the competition in traffic
2. Your local race gas supplier will never see your money again
3. You will thinK of all the battles you lost before the alky and kick yourself in the butt
4. People in traffic as why does your car smell like that if they ever catch up
5. You have to keep drag radials on the car
6. 25psi turns women on and you have to satisfy them afterwards(wait, thats not a con:tongue:)
7. You have to be careful where you say "I need more Meth". Got me drug tested at work..:mad:
8. You tend to want to hug Julio at Alkycontrol. He won't like that...:D
9. You will poke your chest out at the cruise nights and be labeled a bully.
10. You have to keep the Jiffy Lube guys from sticking their finger in the bottle, sniffing it and saying "Sir, what is that?"

IT'S A GREAT MOD ON A SERIOUS NOTE!!

this is great help and info. thanks for the link for the alky tuning that is goin to help a ton!:cool:

Now that is better than Lettermen's top ten.....:biggrin:

Good job JasJamz.

3. You will thing of all the battles you lost before the alky and kick yourself in the butt
6. 25psi turns women on and you have to satisfy them afterwards(wait, thats not a con:tongue:)
7. You have to be careful where you say "I need more Meth". Got me drug tested at work..:mad:
10. You have to keep the Jiffy Lube guys from sticking their finger in the bottle, sniffing it and saying "Sir, what is that?"

3. You will thing of all the battles you lost before the alky and kick yourself in the butt

HILARIOUS!:biggrin: thats almost worthy of a poster lol

3. You will thinK of all the battles you lost before the alky and kick yourself in the butt

Now that is better than Lettermen's top ten.....:biggrin:

Good job JasJamz.

+1!!! Very funny!!
HILARIOUS!:biggrin: thats almost worthy of a poster lol
!!

What is this ALMOST you speak of? I do believe I would buy that poster for the garage!!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Only down side is thats its one more thing to maintain...Bottom line is, you must take care of your injection pump

The M2 brand that VP Racing Fuels manufactures is an upper-lube additive and works well. It's translucent and doesn't change the weight of the fuel.

Marvel mystry oil works good to to add or use to flush the pump.

If you run another system that has 50/50 mix then its of course not as hard on the pump but the gains and benifits are not as great either.
Running 100% its going to be harder on the pump and eventhough Julio beefs his pumps its still a good idea to flush the pump out on a schedual just like changing your oil.

Some do and some dont but I beleive in preventative maintance with everything.

You cant run it then store it away for the winter loaded with meth, come spring fire it up and wonder why the seals crapped out then complain.

Just my take on it, maybe some will chime in as to what they do with thier pumps when not in use or after so many gallons have been run through.

Three required items on any TR should be in no particular order.

TurboTweak chip
Scanmaster
Alky kit

Proceed from there.

I've actually had a guy in an LS1 camaro pull into a gas station as I was filling with 91 and tell me it didn't smell like pump gas when I was behind you!!!:D:cool:

I'm at 28psi on ALL STOCK high mileage longblock, times in sig (high altitude too, otherwise I'd have better been in the 10's;)

Only problem I see is going to Jiffy Lube in the first place. I would NEVER let them touch even my S-10 let alone my GN. :eek:

Cons:--10. You have to keep the Jiffy Lube guys from sticking their finger in the bottle, sniffing it and saying "Sir, what is that?"