Proper Boost Solenoid Installation?

Hedge

Recently I had my 87 GN in the shop for the following. Replacing crank sensor, front and rear main seals, oil pan gasket, timing chain cover gasket and timing chain. I had some serious oil leaks.

Before I put the car in the boost PSI was 17 - 18.
After I got the car back the boost goes to about 13 PSI max.

It also seems sluggish to build boost from a stop. If I am doing 55 plus the boost builds almost like normal.

So I am trying to figure out why. I was thinking maybe the boost solenoid or the y-pipe coming from it is hooked up wrong? I am open to suggestion but does anybody know exactly how this should be hooked up so I can eliminate this possibility? My next option is to buy a new Solenoid for $150 so I want to eliminate all the other free possibilities first :)

If you look at my Webshot site below. I have an album called Buick Tech. There are a few pictures collected from various sources including this board and scans of part instructions I have used over the years. There are a few on boost solenoid hookups. I hope it's what you are looking for.

Yes that pic of the turbo with the y-pipe attached helped. This is the way I have mine hooked up so now I am at a total loss for what could be causing the low and sluggish boost issue.

Make sure your crossover has a good seal at the headers....Maybe the shop didn't tighten it done enough?

If it was good before the repairs and now it is not, it wouldn't hurt to take it back to the shop and ask questions. I'm not sure how it would run if they have the cam sensor out 180 degrees or if the timing chain/gears where not set-up right. Just some things that come to mind.... the puck in the turbo needs to seal over the hole for the car to build boost, not sure how that could have gone back together wrong...

Chuck

How large of an exhaust leak would this need to be to cause this kind of problem?