Progress Pics of the Ultimate Giveaway Car!

Back home finally, Bed now and I did check my eyebrows for bandaids when I work up lol. They were all still there. Thanks for the hospitality Brian and Kasci, you guys are Great! Me and Emily felt right at home. Daniel Ray

Thanks for your major contribution to the project. Awesome work.

Danile Ray & his better half ;)

here ya go
installed trunk & hood moldings today.
Then installed a floor column. Tomorrow I get to hack brackets out of a rotted floor car & install on the hump for a console!

Attachments

• Daniel Ray 001.jpg
    Daniel Ray 001.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 977
  • Daniel Ray 002.jpg
    Daniel Ray 002.jpg
    49 KB · Views: 946
  • Daniel Ray 003.jpg
    Daniel Ray 003.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 947
When I said post pics I didn't mean them:eek: You should have seen me by the time we made it back home! I am sure I looked like walking death by then lol. You can't see it in the pics guys but I ran a dark blue pinstripe down the car also. It really sets it off against the light blue to me. The winner should be able to enjoy the paint job for a long time. The clear layed down so good that I didn't want to screw with it by buffing on the car! Later down the road they can wet sand it and buff it several times easy. There are 3 layers of color and then a tack coat of clear, followed by 2 wet coats on the car. The next day I wet sanded a few spots then put 2 more layers of clear on so you have 1 tack, then 4 wet coats. Plenty to buff out and last you many years looking great! I knew I forgot something also, The little rubber hose pieces for the cross braces in the back, seen them in the shop yesterday when I got the rosewood car pushed in the shop grrrrrrrr. I am sure you have 2 pieces of rubber hose up there Brian lol. If not I will mail them to yah. Going to shoot you a pm on that car sometime today to. Emily said she wasn't crazy about the rosewood color on that car, I told her wait till I get her done , you may change your mind! I did get the windows down so I don't have to crawl thur the moon roof hole now :biggrin:
ps, when your guys put the motor back in tell them to PLEASE use fender covers or I won't be happy with them at all lol!!!!!!!!!!

Pick Me !!

I REALLY NEED to win!! That is a beautiful car!!! :biggrin:
Thank-you Daniel and Emily !!! Dedicating that much time was truly an act of Love!!

Here is 2 pics my wife took up there at Brians shop. These are a lot clearer I think and it shows the car being unloaded. The rest is up to the guys up there now lol. Daniel Ray
hood1.jpg

unloading.jpg

T fender emblems,headliner,rear package tray & jute padding installed.

Here are the fender emblems supplied installed. We installed ABS headliner, rear package tray modified for roll cage & just sound deadening material today.
Seats, carpet,Floor shift, & console installations start Monday. Have a nice Thanksgiving everyone!

Attachments

• atwhat 003.jpg
    atwhat 003.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 896
  • TFT int 001.jpg
    TFT int 001.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 889
  • TFT int 002.jpg
    TFT int 002.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 867
Just got these pics today finally. Without these guys the car would have no paint! Thanks a ton to NAPA in fitzgerald for stepping up to the plate with the materials!
napaweb.jpg

Me and David Hardin of Hardins trim shop putting in the back glass. Thanks a TON David! Daniel Ray
hardinstrim.jpg

Wow this car is looking killer. someone is truley going to be happy with this car.

I wish I was rich because this car is SCREAMING for some GNX rims. Even some stock GN rims would set this car on fire.

SOMEONE HAS TO HAVE SOME OLD STOCK GN RIMS THAT CAN BE REDONE. IF WE LAND A SET OF RIMS I WOULD BE WILLING TO SEND SOME MONEY IN FOR THE RECHROMING.

COME ON.... SOMEONE HAS SOME STOCK GN RIMS!

Man if you got that headliner in around that bar without taking out the front or rear glass, that is REALLY saying something about your abs plastic backed headliners.

Fuel system should be on its way monday.

Those ABS headliners ARE awesome! I had a harder time taking the old one out(slightly mangled after I was done). And the fit up is great too.

Hey, don't forget the fender emblems, too!
gncollector.com - Buick Grand National Collectibles! - Buick Grand National Collectibles! would love to donate these for such a great cause!

If you don't have these yet, let me know & I'll send you them, they're brand new.

Besides, they'll look good on "MY" new blue car.... (one can hope, right?) .

They've been shipped & are on the way to GBODYPARTS.....

was wondering if you received them or not... I see them installed now.

Car is looking awesome.... nice job guys!

Absolutly awesome! After being away from the buick world for a few years I came back to "catch up" and this is what I find first. I'm blown away to say the least. You guys have really gone waaaaaay above what I would have ever expected. Please support these vendors, together they are going to make a huge impact on a someones life really soon.