Progress Pics of the Ultimate Giveaway Car!

Brian said it had a slight knock and that he wasn't letting it go out like that. So they are gonna make it right. :eek: Other than that, I don't know.

The motor is out! I didn't have time to take the pics the other day, only had my camera phone which sucks... I am carrying my digital today and will post pics tonight....

The motor is out. Car was started and had a slight noise in the bottom end so Brian had the Crank took out to be polished or turned which ever it needed. I believe it was the #1 bearing...

Everything else is done!

Glen has been great and very patient guys, I THANK HIM for that very much. He is a super nice guy and I can't wait to meet him! Just a bad set of circumstances delayed the car being finished...

Here are the pics from today!

Attachments

• t4t 001.jpg
    t4t 001.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 558
  • t4t 002.jpg
    t4t 002.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 561
  • t4t 003.jpg
    t4t 003.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 557
  • t4t 004.jpg
    t4t 004.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 555
  • t4t 005.jpg
    t4t 005.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 560
More Pics!

Attachments

• t4t 006.jpg
    t4t 006.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 552
  • t4t 007.jpg
    t4t 007.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 553
  • t4t 008.jpg
    t4t 008.jpg
    55.7 KB · Views: 551
  • t4t 009.jpg
    t4t 009.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 545
  • t4t 010.jpg
    t4t 010.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 558
Brian said it had a slight knock and that he wasn't letting it go out like that. So they are gonna make it right. :eek: Other than that, I don't know.

Yeah she had a slight knock at about 2000,2500 rpm's Crank looked good but we sent it out to get her polished up.
Problem was when we got the car we never really took it out & drove it hard.
stock turbo was shot,ecm was bad Crank sensor was bad. We got it up & running but didn't beat on it.
Well with a few spirited runs:eek: she started a slight noise.
Everyone voted to fill it with saw dust & lucas motor oil but I vetoed the vote.:tongue:

Glenn we started installing the wheel well moldings for you today. The originals were Chrome & a little Nasty, OK they were crap! :biggrin:
I'm getting Kevin to make you up a personalized Stainless steel Radiator plate that is going to Say : Thank God for Random Generators!

Stay away from the sawdust and lucas. :eek: Glad that got vetoed. ;)

I agree...Random Generators are my friends....gotta luv em. :biggrin:

Looks good!!! Thanks again guys for all the hard work. Glen, I hope you'll be at Bowling Green. I can't wait to see this car in person!

I'll be there for sure. Looking forward to putting faces to the names. :biggrin:

Hi Glenn

Did you get there to pick it up yet?
Post some pics when you get it home tonight with it polished up.

Later AJ

No car yet. :cool: Last I heard Wed., Brian said this weekend was a no go. Thats all I know.

How long has it been since the drawing??? u gotta be goin absolutely nuts. :confused:

What's the hold up now? Is the crank back? :confused: I would have been nuts a couple weeks ago, now I'd start to be getting angry.

Still no crank was the word I got. I believe if I had to deal with a machine shop that slow, I would change shops. Just my .02. :p

I have an idea, how about you go get the car without the crank and you can put your own in? That way you get the car and Brian doesn't have to stress about finishing this thing.

Glen, he did change shops on Friday. Another machinist is doing it and has promised it by Wed....

So sorry about the wait:frown:

What's the hold up now? Is the crank back? :confused: I would have been nuts a couple weeks ago, now I'd start to be getting angry.

Guys, I know it is frustrating :frown: but thats life, stuff breaks and puts you behind. Trust me, it will be worth the wait and then some when you get it Glenn.:biggrin: :biggrin: As far as getting angry, Glenn is getting a car that has a TON of money in it , more than most of us on here can spend at a shot for sure for free!! All the vendors that gave parts on here THANK YOU again for stepping up!!!!!!

Guys, I know it is frustrating :frown: but thats life, stuff breaks and puts you behind. Trust me, it will be worth the wait and then some when you get it Glenn.:biggrin: :biggrin: As far as getting angry, Glenn is getting a car that has a TON of money in it , more than most of us on here can spend at a shot for sure for free!! All the vendors that gave parts on here THANK YOU again for stepping up!!!!!!

NO doubt. Thanks to the vendors and all who donated. Remember this was for the kids and a little for the car ;)

It is still the crank. A machine shop had it a while and didn't touch it.... Anyway it is at another shop and it should be done by Wed. Nobody wants this delivered more than I and Brian as well.... I can only apologize for the wait. Anybody that has redone a TR should know the hicups involved....