Problems with translator

n20junkie

Sponser needed
We installed a Translator and LT1 MAF in a 87 yesterday, and set it up per the instructions, and it runs like total crap. I have test driven this for 2 hours, tried every setting possible, and it has a bad tip in stumble, and if you go from mid to WOT it just flat out falls on its face and is cranking out tons of raw fuel. If you roll into the throttle it will go, after the tip in stumble. We put the old MAF on and its back to running great. Any ideas?

Did you remove the battery connections for about 10 mins and reset the ECU...that always works for me. I disconnected the battery, connected the LT1 Maf, connected the Translator (checked the knobs to On, On, On, OFF with base at 3 and WOT at 0), then after about 10 mins I hooked everything back up, fired it up. It did run a bit funny and then worked on the IAC and TPS to get it back to normal. Worked fine for me.

injectors?

Chip?

Settings?

Exactly which MAF do you have?

Bob

injectors? Stock

Chip? Postons (old school)

Settings? DIPS: on on on off (stock) Base: 4 (10 percent lean 3" maf, but all positions checked) WOT: every position tried, none work correctly, it just sits there and coughs blak smoke at WOT.

Exactly which MAF do you have? FULL THROTTLE SPEED - Item Description Page

Impala SS 3" maf

Did you buy the translator new.

What version is it, i think the current one is 6.21

Yea, bought it brand new from full throttle. Its at the shop, but I think its version 2.61 actually.

You should have gotten the GEN 2 translator since you bought new.

You would probably like it better once you get the translator working properly on your car.

I bought a regular translator and LT1 maf when they were first being sold,that must have been in 98 or 99 but anyway it worked excellent right out of the box and did so for many years.

It could be that you got a bad maf sensor, do you have another one or know someone you could borrow one from to check it out.