Problem with Racetronix fuel pump

DynoTune

I tried to keep this private, but I haven't gotten a response via email, and Racetronix does not accept Private Messages thru this board.

I have a problem with a fuel pump purchased directly through Racetronix. I purchased the pump and hotwire kit some time ago, but due to rebuilding the engine, suspension, etc, I just recently installed it. The pump worked great, and the harness was very well put together. I put about 200 easy miles on the car, then strapped it down to my dyno to do some tuning. After a few runs the car spit, sputtered, then died. We traced the problem to the fuel pump (no pressure from the pump, good power and ground).

I am trying to find out how Racetronix wants to handle this. I ended up putting a cheap-o fuel pump from Advance Auto in it, just so I can move the car under it's own power.

By the way, the tank is spotless inside, a new fuel filter was installed, and when removed the sock looks brand new, so contamination was not an issue.

Thank You

Dave
DynoTune Performance, Inc
Jacksonville, Fl
904-768-0204

Pumps can fail at any time..Since it was purchased some time ago I doubt Racetronix will warranty the item. Have you tried to call Racetronix? Never had any customer support problems with Ractronix in my dealings. Good luck

I agree 100% Cme2fly, I would be willing to purchase another from them if need be. I own a performance shop and I know that parts fail due to no one's doing (I wish some of my customers would realize this as well). I also try and work with a customer that had a part purchased through me that failed (such as selling them another at cost, etc).

By the way, the original pump and hot wire kit was purchased June 19 of this year.

I would love to call them, but they don't have a phone number on their website.

I really didn't want to take this public, but I didn't know how else to contact them, I tried email, looked for a phone number, and Private Message with no luck.

Don't get me wrong, I think their product is great. I will be purchasing the evac pump harness from them as well soon. I would just like a quick email back telling me to either "go blow sand, to bad" or "sorry to hear that, we can send you out another for $xxx.xx", ya know.

Just got off the phone with Jack from Racetronix (he called me) and everythings cool.

Thank

Dave
DynoTune Performance, Inc

Racetronix gets hundreds of emails a day. Have patience, they will get back to you.

Racetronix supplies quality parts, if anything there products are overkill and very well made. They do not make the pumps, they are walbro pumps which they build the wiring harness and fittings to make the install easy and clean.

I agree 100%!! My shop has installed many of their harnesses, and will continue to do so. I haven't seen any others built as well. We can build them in-house, but it is not cost effective when Racetronix offers them at the prices they do.

Like I said in the original post, I just needed to get in touch with them, and this is the only option I had left. If you look two posts up you will see that they called me after seeing this thread and everything is fine.

If you read my second post here, you will see that I was willing to purchase another pump from them if need be, but I just needed to get in touch with them somehow. I feel I gave them ample time to reply to my email, they don't have a phone number on their website, and they don't accept private messages.

I would have deleted this thread as soon as they called me, but unless I'm missing something, that is not something that a user can do here.

-Dave