pressure back through radiator!

unobetr

ok guys.. finally got my car back, and back together.. i took it down the road last night, and it blew the bottom radiator hose.. its old so i thought nothing of it.. replaced it.. went this morning, it blew the cap off my reserve tank and threw fluid all in my engine compartment.. I JUST REPLACED the head gaskets..
what do you guys think?? gaskets again?

ck

didnt bleed.. and i think my fan is coming on ..

I would pop the rad cap DONT DO IT HOT!!! and refill with coolant, then start the car, turn the Heat on defrost and fan on high. Bring the car up to temp and make sure the thermostat opens. Keep adding coolant until all the bubbles are out ( I like to "whack" the throttle a little to try and burp the system don't "Flog" it, just a quick "whack":eek:), put the rad cap on and fill the overflow about half way. Then I normally shut the car off and wait a while. When the coolant cools it will pull fluid from the overflow in the rad and should exspell (sp) the air from the block.

Also grab the top and bottom hoses to see if they are getting hot. I would get some type of infared temp probe to see the actual temp or a SCANMASTER ;)

im running the car now with the heat on.. CLT is around 180 to 195 and heat is on ..
it was blowing cold for a bit at first.

the fan is coming on and off.. still hovering around 200 degrees.. and little bubbles still coming up.. how do i know when the bubbles are not from the fluid circulating inside ??

You may have a bad stat or at least could rule it out by removing it & testing it in a pot of hot water. Even could run the engine a while without it & make sure water is flowing properly for a few minutes.

if theres a steady stream of bubbles you could have a leaking HG. Is it smoking at all? Do the bubbles smell like exhaust fumes? It could just be air in the system.............hopefully :eek:. How old is the rad cap? I would top it off, put the cap on and let it cool down, Just keep an eye on the overflow and dont let it run dry.

dont know about the smell.. my smell is kinda stopped up at the moment.. think im getting sick.. and i just put new head gaskets on it.. coppers. i just turned it off and switched the fan on..

How did you o-ring? This is not a simple process without the correct tooling and someone with decent machining ability.

definitly sounds like the O-rings didnt take. the ring grooves are probably not right centered.

I bet thats your problem.

A.j.

If its a 160 stat & you read 200 then either the stat is bad or the gaskets are out of whack but test the stat first since its a much easier job. I hope thats all it is!