Presentation of Nova67ss

Nova67ss

U´ve come across my nick a couple of times and often conected me with MrSyclone were Im a team member so to speak. But there was a life before the Syclones to :D

So here is some small glimps of my life in a "blast from the past." Enjoy..

U know me as a coffe drinkin friend to Mr Syclone,
with sometimes attitude and a sense of humor the scandinavian way. some have become my friends and some hate my guts..

Thats the normal way of life, U cant love everybody..

And Im not affraid of telling my opinion on things from time to time and even some advice..

Some have also asked Q about my knowledge about racing, american cars and Syclone in perticular.

well the last one is the easyest to answer, Ive been a close friend to Robert for the past 8-9 years and we´ve discussed racing, engines and chassies for maaaanya of times and thru HIM I´ve learned what I know about Syclone´s..

But my "careere" as a racer/engine and car builder started around -73-74 with scrapyard cars and "demolition derby´s" in big gravel hole quarry where we just smached the cars to peaces. lots of fun.

in -75 I went on for Ralley in a BMW 2002, and when I thought I had a mean Beemeer I was "killed" on the streets by a Chevy malibu with a 4 on the floor and from here I whent street AND drag racing for good.

Ive allready gotten into the US cars with friend that I helped wrenching, on ther´s Mustang and Satelites and corvettes.

I have had a loong break in the racing due to marriage, house, ( did some small driver and wrench asist from time to time) moving, child, and divorce but from about -99 Im back on track, at first with a impala -96 ss for a couple of years and tru him I met Robert. and the rest is history..

Still workin on my Nova 67 ss, hoping to finnish it of so I can take it to the track
BUT Ive had some other fun cars . A Nova 66 4dorr "sleeper". a Nova 72 BB with 4 on the floor and 4link cage and huge rear tires (that was one of my most fun cars)

Now U see why I´m called Nova :D

But My first car was a Pontiac Firebird 400 -67 that I raced for a couple of years bouth on track and streets..made some 12,80 Et on a 115-116 MPH the converter was the missing link it was a 2500 rpm unit to a engine that started to live AFTER 3500 rpm.. but heck I was only 20-22 and learning :D

Pontiacslickstest.jpg

I´ll try to get all my photos to a scanner this pic aint no good but its a try, bad scanner though.

This is from a "pinkslip" street race in early -82 I was a hotshot from the busches ( Ånge, about 64 miles away) and was down to the city of Sundsvall to make some race´s a friend set up for me, but the other guys backed of when they recogniced me from a racetrack in Hudiksvall (63 miles awayfrom this city) Ive competed on erlier this summer and done a couple of "runner up" results on that track with lots of THEN fast cars..

As Robert does, I do my own engine work (besides mashine operations) and also chassie and rearends and alot more, learned the long way, also Ive atended the Herb Adams Chassie seminar when he was to Sweden the last time THAT was and eye opener and just made the teory on why some adjustments in IRL did work and others not,

And here´s a future race team?!?! IF I can convince my son tha car´s are more fun than computers :D
Vggstttor.jpg

Father and son.from a vacation up north in our summerhouse, now sold..

Some more past pic´s

Så här såg "Birden" ut när jag köpte den. våren -78? tror jag
The "Bird" as it looked when I bought it spring -78?
Pontiac8orginal.jpg

Burnout skulle göras för att markera reviret hehehe
Burnouts done to mark territory :D
Pontiacburnout.jpg

Sen var det dax för mera effekt, så portning är en väg, så själv är duktigaste drängen, lillebror hjälpte oxå till med diverse rengöring osv..
Soon it was time for more HP and I´ve read about porting job, hm U are the best "slave" with right motivation, My young brother helped from time to time..
Portningavpontiactoppar1.jpg

Test av slicks inför race´t som aldrig blev..
The slicks test for the race that did´nt happen..
Pontiactestslicks.jpg
[/QUOTE]

One of the first race with and "outsider" (city slicker) and I tosted him :D

skanna0023.jpg

Remember stil ALL STOCK firebird..

Now I "shoot down" a buddy of mine, and he had a headstart too, I had now a 4.11:1 limited slip in rear ( I broke the rear gear before) still stock engin/trans... added slapperbars from scratch.
skanna0026.jpg

skanna0027.jpg

This was a thrill but I managed to get out on top, barrely a 440 is a fast car
skanna0031.jpg

Lots of people came a watched, soon there was crowds with about 2-300 people and up to 60 cars racing a quick ladder, then match race´s :D lots of fun..
skanna0028.jpg

Hope to get the dia pic´s scanned later in spring..

Did help out when my pals wanted lessons in driving there cars before licens, This got me oportunity to "check out" competitor cars strong and weak sides :D

This was a mustang with a 351 cleaveland 4V with 4 on the floor and 9" in rear. took of like a rocket (I thought) when I bouth drove it myself AND got the ovner lessons and race instruktion on why and how U do things to win race..

So when he got his drivers licens he was eager to challenge me :eek: :rolleyes: And I thought "Im going down now".... but :cool:
Firebirdenrastarmusse.jpg

We raced bouth direktion back and force I dropped him dead every time, seems like the wiolent gearshifts in a stickshift car does´nt catch a good auto tranny..
Pontiacgermussen.jpg

Later this summer I whent to track and tried cristmas tree for the first time and got hooked
Firstgoontrack.jpg

Another of my homebuilt cars, this a Nova ss -72 with a BB (402") 4 on the floor, 4 link roll cage and a steep 4,56:1 gear realy fun car to drive, but a "gasoholic" :D

Nova72motorochbil.jpg

A friend of mine found some motor45 mags Ive been posted in, and scanned the pics.. funny to see, so manny years gone bye..

Hi Anders !
Have you posted this one before, showing a young and muscular Mr Forsberg in front of your BB 1972 Nova musclecar ?

AndersForsbergsNova1972002.jpg

There is more to come !

Take care
Anders Stålklint

Anders (Nova67SS) has always been serious about his musclecars as evidenced by the clean undercarriage.

AndersForsbergsNova1972004.jpg

This is what the competition saw of the Nova !

AndersForsbergsNova1972005.jpg

An even younger (thirty years ago ?) Anders F. with the 400 cui engine used in the Firebird.

AndersForsbergsFirebird67001.jpg

Whenever I wonder about something car-related I just pick up the phone and ask Anders for help. It´s as simple as that !

Take care
Anders S.

Ps. at a party some years ago all of us guys (five) were named Anders. That made it easy for the women. Ds :D

Just to get U to understand why i call myself a "hillbilly" and NO we dont have 6 fingers/toes and all that :D and dont marrying to cousins..:rolleyes:

Heres My first home when I was born, we did live for aprox a year or more at my grandma´s "farm" with beer´s, wolf´s, moose´s, and lynx around the corners :D

Rotnset.jpg

We soon moved here to the "big" county town (3-4000 souls) when I was 4 year and it was time for school.

nge.jpg

Here on this straight wood fertilising landing stretch we had about 3 - 4 race a year for about 6-8-years.

Brattvlten.jpg

And here´s the house where I have had my apartment for the last 15 years in central Gothenburg..

Mitthem.jpg

If U think of it Ive alvays been sorounded by woods and forrests :D

After the divorce almost 11 years ago I got back on track again :D

Jul01.jpg

And some early intresst at my son, but then computer entered his life..
072.jpg

One of the first in line to get some wrenchhelp was Bostic, a famous Swedish street racer now in a big black impala ss-96, Changing pluggs aint easy in these cars
Pict00351.jpg

Here´s a couple of favorite cars to wrench on (Besides the old cars and Nova´s) Mr Syclone´s Syclone and Per SS´s Impala SS -96 (NOT bostic´s)
IMGP0336.jpg

Some Girls like´s Cars... or is it the Swede (MrSyclone) she´s..uh welcoming?? :D At KCRW
IMGP0178.jpg

Ive been at HOOTER´s in KC :D what a treat I got :D

IMGP0187.jpg

More to come later on, OK ?

The Gang of 4 I learned to know alithle in USA Jeremy, Heavy Breather, Dobrick and Jeff Scott the head man in helping us (Bad *** team) in US and SyTy nats.. Thanks Guys.
IMGP0196.jpg

At KC track
IMGP0174.jpg

Here Im to put on the last detale of security.. the "shute"
P1000229syty.jpg

Ok modern times again, hope U dont mind..

Heres some prof of my Friends Street worthy 8 second Syclone (The Bad ***** Syclone)

IMGP0695.jpg

IMGP0697-1.jpg

U ever figured WHY I never get my Nova on the road?? a Pic tells it all

Novagaragestor.jpg

Another reason is me fancy dancing to :D

P3130316.jpg

A reason for racing? beside the fast cars??? well this pic might explain things for ya :D Polen and KOE
PolenKoE021.jpg

Hope U liked a small tutorial of my life, a good one I think hahaha

Anders

Love the old pics...great stuff. wish I had taken pics like that of my 73' charger i had in the early 90's... Never should of sold that! anyways---Welcome--great racing pics! GOT MORE OLD ONES?:cool:

Yes I do :D but I have to get a negative/diapositive scanner to make some computor files from them, have pics from mid -70 and almost to this date.

Will try to make some of my videos come alive on net to, proly to bad quality but LOTS of streetrace :D and some on track

Just to get U to understand why i call myself a "hillbilly" and NO we dont have 6 fingers/toes and all that :D and dont marrying to cousins..:rolleyes:

Heres My first home when I was born, we did live for aprox a year or more at my grandma´s "farm" with beer´s, wolf´s, moose´s, and lynx around the corners :D

I like how you were a baby and grew up at the farm with BEER!!!! Thats SWEET!!!! Just kidding man! Looks like you are a true car guy!