Precision 6766 billet journal bearing

I'm sure the stroker helps out a bit over my combo :p

I may just bite the bullet and go with a DBB instead of pulling the converter and sending it back for a re-stall. Hopefully hitting BG up on Saturday for T&T during the GS nats so we will see what the old Tnetics 66 will do...

Yes, the stroker will aid in spooling a turbo with a bit tighter converter, approximately 300 RPM from what I was told when making a decision on the turbo. I hope to see you all at BG.

Check your wastegate, could be bleeding off boost or not closing fully. The RJC manual boost controller works well to help with that on a THDP style setup. I'm running a 15# spring in an external 39 Precision wastegate I got from Hartline. Also check the logs on A/F when building boost, it may be too rich or lean. I'm running a converter that is supposed to be too small for my turbo, but with the right tune and adjustment to the wastegate it can spool quite well. I'm running more cubes than most though too.

I'm playing/testing with one right now was well. I switched to my FMIC and that at the same time and it made a HUGE difference in spooling my PT51. Couldn't launch for crap, slow to spool and I'd push thru the lights on a tree. Now I can hold 8psi or so and leaves ALOT harder. My $.02

Cuda,

Any of the 66/67mm turbos (w/a .63 housing) you mention, along with your 18-blade & your approx. 9.0:1 static compression engine will be just fine. I have one here now with a very similar 235" @ 9.0:1 214/214 billet cam, 17-blade, PTE 6768(HPQ w/.63) that spools instantly & couples extremely well...

We're leaving Wed. for B.G. see you there....

K.
Thanks for the input Keith. I'll see what the CPT66 will do at BG first. See you there!