powerplate

johnz

Has anyone ever dynoed there car before and after the plate install.I am getting all sorts of knock on pump gas and am thinking of getting the plate also.Is the plate with the precision plenum a good choice or should i just get the plate for a stock plenum thanks John

If you are using the stock plenum, get the power plate for the stock plenum and so on! The power plates are specifically designed for for each plenum and shouldn't be mixed.

Check out RJC's web site for real world performance gains.

http://www.rjcracing.com/

We started carrying them because we keep hearing of people's great results. The purpose is to balance out the flow to all cyl's, which in theory would help as you crank the boost up. Some felt as if the plate by itself would be a restriction & lose power at first, but have more potential as the boost was turned up.

I heard back from someone who did an independent test on a car before/after installing the plate. I didn't get all the details, but the car made 8 more HP across the range, and 12 HP more peak power just by bolting it on & NO other changes! No knock before, and no knock after, so it wasn't just fixing an overboost problem retarding the timing or something. You can speculate all kinds of stuff, believe what you want, but I keep hearing positive results :)

By your signature, I would just stick with the stock plenum & get the plate for that. Just make sure your knock is not being caused by something going bad or a tuning issue. The plate should help, but it won't cure problems or certain conditions. It might be false knock too, not sure what all you did to eliminate possible culprits.
Good luck!