PTE Throttle body adapter

cbh1030

Could anyone confirm the height of the 65mm PTE unit compared to the stock plenum? I have read some info that its 5/8in higher and there may be fitament issues with the vacuum block and/or the up pipe and the hood pad. Also those that have it do you run a diffrent vacuum source, ie. Cruz relocation plate or a tapped intake?
Thanks in advance

I have the Precision 70mm plenum. 5 yrs ago I called RJC Racing and they were the ones who informed me it was 5/8” taller than stock.
I had a machine shop square up the front of the plenum which wasn’t enough to tip the throttle body down to line up with the up pipe. I had them take 1/8” off the bottom front, tapering to nothing at the back. It aligned very nicely.
I got a Kirbans aluminum vac block, had a co-worker take .100” off both the top and the bottom to make it shorter. I angled the top of the vac block, front and rear for some style. I have a 1/4” clearance to the hood pad with stock replacement motor mounts and 36 year old body mounts, soon to be replaced.
I should have just waited for the Cruz tapered spacer. Lol
I’ll take a photo later tonight.

Check this out from Cruz performance .

Could anyone confirm the height of the 65mm PTE unit compared to the stock plenum? I have read some info that its 5/8in higher and there may be fitament issues with the vacuum block and/or the up pipe and the hood pad. Also those that have it do you run a diffrent vacuum source, ie. Cruz relocation plate or a tapped intake?
Thanks in advance
How much power do you plan on making?

i understand that the stock form is way more than capable of handling my power needs

i understand that the stock form is way more than capable of handling my power needs
Then why?
Potentially pay to have to relocate vacuum lines,pay for a throttle body relocate the iac to use a bigger maf intake and maf?

I have the Precision 70mm plenum. 5 yrs ago I called RJC Racing and they were the ones who informed me it was 5/8” taller than stock.
I had a machine shop square up the front of the plenum which wasn’t enough to tip the throttle body down to line up with the up pipe. I had them take 1/8” off the bottom front, tapering to nothing at the back. It aligned very nicely.
I got a Kirbans aluminum vac block, had a co-worker take .100” off both the top and the bottom to make it shorter. I angled the top of the vac block, front and rear for some style. I have a 1/4” clearance to the hood pad with stock replacement motor mounts and 36 year old body mounts, soon to be replaced.
I should have just waited for the Cruz tapered spacer. Lol
I’ll take a photo later tonight.
Or you could have not done anything and kept the stock throttle body😉
I know how fast a stock throttle body can go and alot of guys spend money on go fast parts that they dont need🙄

Here’s a couple photos.
To me it seemed a bit pointless to install flow matched injectors without installing a power plate.
I chose the Precision plenum and matching power plate as it was advertised as the most even air distribution.
I still have the stock throttle body rebuilt by Steve.

1555AA88-1103-41F7-B22F-270C3CD88341.jpeg

9772D079-8DBB-46FB-85D1-191679EDAE65.jpeg

NOTICE: I need to adjust the fuel pressure since replacing the hose- no zip tie on the fuel pressure regulator yet.

Hers a couple photos.
To me it seemed a bit pointless to install flow matched injectors without installing a power plate.
I chose the Precision plenum and matching power plate as it was advertised as the most even air distribution.

View attachment 389165

View attachment 389164

NOTICE: I need to adjust the fuel pressure since replacing the hose- no zip tie on the fuel pressure regulator yet.
The power plate with the stock throttle body and plenum has equal air distribution as well.
I've used and tested several different throttle bodies and plenums with the different rjc plates and found that his plates equalizes the air distribution.
If pulled many plugs on iron aluminum heads that remain in uniform.

Also on 1 clients car I tested a larger throttle body 70mm on a 10.3 sec car and saw 0 gain vs stock and the car was no lightweight either😉
I know how fast porting a stocker can go,as well as a 70mm.
Many would be surprised.
I will say a stock throttle body can go 9s on the right car on a full weight buick on the right car combo

The power plate with the stock throttle body and plenum has equal air distribution as well.
I've used and tested several different throttle bodies and plenums with the different rjc plates and found that his plates equalizes the air distribution.
If pulled many plugs on iron aluminum heads that remain in uniform.

That’s good to know. From looking at the data on the RJC website is the reason I chose this route. I did install a 3.5” maf pipe at the same time. Maybe it was a plus.

That’s good to know. From looking at the data on the RJC website is the reason I chose this route. I did install a 3.5” maf pipe at the same time. Maybe it was a plus.
That 10.3 car had a stock maf sensor.
I put a 3.5 on and saw 0 gain at the track.
I know personally a 3.5 can go 5 sec 1/8th mile all day long.
And a stock maf can run into the 9s.

I updated to avoid problems with the stock maf. The 85mm Z06 maf with integral iac and cleaning things up appealed to me. I installed a 4” AEM dryflow filter in my Kenne- bell ram air box too, but that’s something else I should probably get rid of. I know it’s a restriction at some point, but not sure where. I’m just trying to get the most out of it.
I’m one of those weirdo’s that’s intrigued by curves and would be happy hitting 120 mph in the 1/4.

I updated to avoid problems with the stock maf. The 85mm Z06 maf with integral iac and cleaning things up appealed to me. I installed a 4” AEM dryflow filter in my Kenne- bell ram air box too, but that’s something else I should probably get rid of. I know it’s a restriction at some point, but not sure where. I’m just trying to get the most out of it.
I’m one of those weirdo’s that’s intrigued by curves and would be happy hitting 120 mph in the 1/4.
You can fly on an 85mm maf 1000+hp.
It's way overkill for a 120mph car.
But it's your car and the nice thing about a maf car is how well they drive and even though the 85mm and is not needed it wont hurt you😉

We go very big on an air filter the filters are rated actually by cfm if memory serves.
Calling say kn teck line,they will recommend size of the filter for hp intended.
From what I have seen an 8 inch will run well into the 9s

Some pretty good advice/facts for future reference.