Powermaster internal leak test question

GrandV6

When placing clear tuning over port holes in the Resevoir. Is it the left side or passenger side? There 2 tiny holes on the bottom. And is the key supposed be in the ON position?? THANKS

Passenger side of the reservoir. To check for internal leaks, pump the brakes until the pump cylces and then shuts off. Turn off the ignition. Push a clear plastic hose, which is cut square on the end, over the return port (the rear port). If brake fluid rises in the tube, there is an internal leak.
To test for a leaking check valve, press the tube over the supply port ( the front port). If fluid rises in the tube the check valve has a leak.

You might need to read these articles has it will help with many of your questions

Attachments

• PowerMaster Troubleshoot.pdf
    4.3 MB · Views: 123
  • Powermaster Diagnostics.pdf
    79.4 KB · Views: 162
  • PowerMaster Diagnostics2.pdf
    64.9 KB · Views: 83
TurboDave.....I got some clear hose (1/4 inch) & cycled the motor. The hose is round & I just placed it over the hole. No fluid rose up in the hose. Not sure what you mean about the squared end. Was this how it's done?

If you intent to continue to use the PowerMaster you might want to get a Kent Moore Tool that will check and troubleshoot the PowerMaster. I have one and it works great during the time I needed this tool to troubleshooting my PowerMaster and found my problem.
Right now EBay has this tool for a very cheap price where as many are listed for $80-100 range
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kent-Moore-...d=100005&prg=1088&rk=1&rkt=4&sd=180941897382&